As accurate as 46

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    1946 actually happened.

F6_Ace's Avatar Senior Member
    You can't blow up Parliament? What a crock.

If you can hop out of your plane and 'into a tank' or have pansy seaside foam, then I see no reason why Oleg shouldn't model the ability to go back in time, be an annoyed Catholic and blow up the house without the inconvenience of getting caught/drawn and quartered.

Only one problem with time travel, though...If it were possible, someone would have travelled back in time by now to tell us it was possible....surely

Originally posted by KOM.Nausicaa:
    Take a break guys. This video is pre-pre alpha and it doesnt' show the new engine yet. No lighting yet either. What I saw *new*, clouds, cockpit, ground objetcs, did look awesome. And I also like the cliffs. This will be a awesome sim. have a cup of tea until next year and stay calm
    Then if it was pre-pre alpha, why did they release it as the only video (to my knowledge it's the only video)? If it was in such an incomplete state, and would have even the die hards wondering "what the heck are we waiting for?" then they should have kept it quiet, and just shown off pretty screenshots. Then, as they get closer to a more complete release, with all features implemented, they should have released a (non-choppy) video of a game that was much closer to completion. Otherwise, you have people doubting the new game, such as what's happening now. While I enjoy that they released a video, I would enjoy it more if they gave us pretty screenshots for awhile, then released a pretty video.

The worst thing about this is, we are simply left to ourselves to speculate and interpretate. Might be, could be, should be, who the heck knows. Such a wonderful marketing program isn't it?

Originally posted by Scen:
    All that detail like having doors that open on vehicles is going to cost in CPU power. I understand it's next gen but if they keep adding that level of detail you're going to need to speed a lot of money to get it to run properly.

I like detail but I also like playability.

I agree totally ...... we're all going to need significant upgrades acoordingly to run this thing.Time will tell, it looks great so far tho

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Ploughman:
    He died at that battle, what more do you want?
    I'd want him to lose that battle. Or kick Villeneuve's chicken a$s for all eternity. But I'd comfort myself with making him jump from the column...

Originally posted by Swivet:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scen:
    All that detail like having doors that open on vehicles is going to cost in CPU power. I understand it's next gen but if they keep adding that level of detail you're going to need to speed a lot of money to get it to run properly.

I like detail but I also like playability.

I agree totally ...... we're all going to need significant upgrades acoordingly to run this thing.Time will tell, it looks great so far tho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks good - I suspect they'll fix most of the details (crummy villages, etc. (where are the friggin trees?)) before release or in the first patch or two.

No one noted the obvious - there were no combat scenes in the trailer: no tracers, no bombs, no flak, which is a little surprising. It is a WWII flight combat sim, not MSFS with vintage aircraft.

I assume that a dogfight or ground attack mission would have dragged fps to a crawl.

Time to start saving. Daddy needs a new CPU.

Wasn't there some quote fom one of the developers where they were trying to coincide the release with one of AMD's Quad core? That'd be great news having multicore/processor support.

Flight sims are a niche market.....looks like the market is going to get a lot smaller. If they think every Tom, ****, and Harry can afford a quad processor.

The cockpits are nice, actual weather is old hat and its about time they pulled there head out of there azzez. Other than that nothing that is even worth mentioning. BOB is gonna flop in my opinion.