slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    I wann asee damage , Am I the only one who cares how a bullet impact and damage looks?

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey , I love this , the wheels are round and other things that should be round , the polygon wheels always bugged the heck outa me for some reason

Originally posted by F6_Ace:
    Yes, it does but only those items which you are seriously bothered about. Like I've said before, it's nice to be able to switch to external views and 'marvel' at the attention to detail of things which don't really matter in a combat flight simulation but nice is all it is. For example, it would be nice to have the effects of winds moving crop fields about but is that at all necessary? Exaggerating a little, would it be necessary to have the steam coming off someones freshly cooked dinner on a table through a house window in Manston being modelled?

Always assuming finite resources being available, I'd prefer to see the desire for attention to detail (and CPU resource) being focused on the aircraft and associated systems, physical effects on the pilots and weaponry than a bit of foam on the shoreline or some truck suspension.
    Agreed. Get the flight models correct. As a matter of fact, I could care less about changing weather too. It's a COMBAT FLIGHT GAME...not a weather recce game. The quality of the work is fine but it seems to be straying from the focus of what this product is all about. I do agree that this is a peek but why are the developers even bothering with such completely trivial detail such as tank recoil and truck suspensions?

GR142-Pipper

HuninMunin's Avatar Senior Member
    Remember when the first cockpit shots arrived and we were all up and amazed by their quality?
    I put all my money that this is the very first version presentable at all.
    No post processing, no higher effects of any kind, early skinwork, just the bare skeleton wich will be the new sim in at least a year of work.
    Flightsims were never like FPSs, were you would make an engine and can show the crowd pics of what the game will look like long before release.
    Storm of War sets out to span the entire WW2 over the time.
    It has to be capable of a graphical diversity unseen in this genre; not even starting about the FMs.
    If I had to programm an engine that capable; I'd focus on the FM, weather, coding etc; all the stuff you need to have perfectly running having such long term goals with it.

I don't think they'll start intergrating bump maping or HDR lighting before they got the new weather systems working; I guess you get my point.

Originally posted by GR142-Pipper:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F6_Ace:
    Yes, it does but only those items which you are seriously bothered about. Like I've said before, it's nice to be able to switch to external views and 'marvel' at the attention to detail of things which don't really matter in a combat flight simulation but nice is all it is. For example, it would be nice to have the effects of winds moving crop fields about but is that at all necessary? Exaggerating a little, would it be necessary to have the steam coming off someones freshly cooked dinner on a table through a house window in Manston being modelled?

Always assuming finite resources being available, I'd prefer to see the desire for attention to detail (and CPU resource) being focused on the aircraft and associated systems, physical effects on the pilots and weaponry than a bit of foam on the shoreline or some truck suspension.
    Agreed. Get the flight models correct. As a matter of fact, I could care less about changing weather too. It's a COMBAT FLIGHT GAME...not a weather recce game. The quality of the work is fine but it seems to be straying from the focus of what this product is all about. I do agree that this is a peek but why are the developers even bothering with such completely trivial detail such as tank recoil and truck suspensions?

GR142-Pipper </div></BLOCKQUOTE> AS long as p51 turns better then a spit and 50,s hit harder then 108mk , FW190 AS too TOW a bus and 109 can NOT pull UP / it will be a REAL combat sim, Agreed !!!

Agreed
    No really i agree with oleg the 51 realy did sux ,spity was best thing dropped out of heaven and these LW planes well they lucky they ever got wings lol

Originally posted by hening_880Sqn:
    That video left me wanting to see more. Would like to see a combat sequence and some explosions to see what else is in play with the video. Maybe some JU88s blowing up that London Bridge.

Nice job.
    You won't be able to destroy London Bridge (I think you mean Tower Bridge by the way). Oleg has said that we won't be able to destroy historic monuments (Houses of Parliamen, St. Pauls, etc.). I don't know whether this is because of historical accuracy (they are still standing) or for other reasons. He has stated though that this is a decision taken by the publisher (UBI I believe), not by himself.

EDIT: the quote is from Maxim (developer) during an interview by SimHQ

".... But at every building on texture €" there€re 3D buildings. Everyone of them will be destructible, except of historical buildings and monuments €" it€s publishers position. It looks arguable to me, as at war both sides rarely took any care of historical legacy. Can€t argue with publisher though."

Here's the interview:

http://www.simhq.com/_air6/air_223a.html

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Sigh, I wanted Nelson to jump from that column...

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    He died at that battle, what more do you want?

I'm disapointed that I won't be able to pulverise the Houses of Parliament though.

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe some JU88s blowing up that London Bridge.
    now that's "exruciating historical accuracy"