I just got my copy of P. I reinstalled IL-2 FB and when I try installing PF I get the option to install as PF + FB + AEP or standalone. I tried the combination but I don't have AEP. I couldn't get either PF or FB to run. I uninstalled both and will instal as separate entities. But I don't quite get what the difference is in actual gameplay if any when you install as a 'package'?
    Anyone help?

I just got my copy of P. I reinstalled IL-2 FB and when I try installing PF I get the option to install as PF + FB + AEP or standalone. I tried the combination but I don't have AEP. I couldn't get either PF or FB to run. I uninstalled both and will instal as separate entities. But I don't quite get what the difference is in actual gameplay if any when you install as a 'package'?
    Anyone help?

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Unfortunately, if you don't have AEP, you cannot install PF "over" FB, and must install PF as stand-alone. Sorry AEP has updates and so on that you don't have, and which you need to install FB+AEP+PF.

AEP is worth getting, BTW

There are several improvements that AEP makes to FB that are necessary for things like online play compatibility, not to mention offline playability

I am going to add AEP tomorrow, my local EB has it. Thanks for the help!

Though you're going to go ahead and get AEP, which is a good thing, I'll go ahead and point out that AEP and PF are essentially retail patches for FB. I don't mean to imply that they're expensive bug fixes, they're entirely worth purchasing, but like a patch they update the version of FB you're running; AEP = 2.0, PF = 3.0. For that reason it's either all or nothing when installing PF.

Well I thought PF was standalone program. I have the original il-2 also. Anyway I will get AEP and install FB+AEP+PF. Thansk for the input! I'm sure I'll be back with many questions later.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    PF will indeed function as stand-alone. Il2:Forgotten battles and the ACES expansion pack are not needed to play Pacific Fighters.

Although, in my opinion, it's much better to install PF over FB+AEP (Aces expansion pack) because you'll get the most content from the online community, which is considerable