Fehler's Avatar Senior Member
    I was on Warclouds a while back and a P-51 came in to vulch me as I was just starting my engines.

I heard the thumps of his .50 cals hitting my plane and it suddenly sank to the right (Guess he shot off my wing or something)

The guy flew by and to my amazement, he was heading towards the center of my revi. I let loose all guns, and the 30mm's of my FW190 A-9 hit him square on the bottom of his right wing.

The wing popped off and he went spiraling into the ground.

That was probably one of the luckiest shots I have ever had in a DF server, and all while quite immobile myself.

FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fehler:
    I was on Warclouds a while back and a P-51 came in to vulch me as I was just starting my engines.

I heard the thumps of his .50 cals hitting my plane and it suddenly sank to the right (Guess he shot off my wing or something)

The guy flew by and to my amazement, he was heading towards the center of my revi. I let loose all guns, and the 30mm's of my FW190 A-9 hit him square on the bottom of his right wing.

The wing popped off and he went spiraling into the ground.

That was probably one of the luckiest shots I have ever had in a DF server, and all while quite immobile myself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, vulcher deserve a sad ending like this, I have no regret

FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AgentBif:
    This is actually a real story:

A P-38 pilot in New Guinea very early in the war was buzzing over an airfield trading insults over the radio with Japanese airmen on the ground below him.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF? why use radio if it was more effective to deal with this guy with your AAA?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AgentBif:
    Finally, one Japanese pilot got fed up and decided to come up to take on his challenge! So he starts to dive on the zero as it's taking off ... Just as he's lining up the shot he remembers he still has bombs on the racks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He buzzed around the field but forgot to bomb the he11 out of it??

When the pilot gets back to Moresby, General Kenny berates him for not using his guns like a real man... "You're supposed to SHOOT them down, not splash water on them!"... and then Kenny awards the pilot an Air Medal for scoring the first kill in his command. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I was this guy, I dare not to report the whole sorry... it is just too shameful!!!! His commander would laughed to death if he know the truth, lol

I was flying a P-40 with a couple of squadmates in a room with just '40s and Zeroes. We all took off and headed north up a valley towards the Zero base in formation and bounced some Zeroes heading south at a lower altitude.

After the furball we were naturally scattered to heck and gone all over the valley and tried to regroup using Teamspeak comms since we couldn't see eachother and the room didn't allow map icons. I saw a green plane heading north on my 10 o'clock and started following it but never took a closer look at it since I thought it was the guy I was talking to. He thought he was with me but the plane he was following was someone without Teamspeak who we didn't know.

Anyway, I drifted a little behind and towards the plane I was with (I'm not the smoooothest formation flyer) and realised that it was a Zero without the meatballs! No doubt one of the ones that survived the furball and was heading home and I had been cruising alone with this guy for 5 minutes at least!

I snap-rolled onto his six and vaporized him. I had read about things like that happening in real life but this was hilarious in the game! He must have heard my engine beside him but probably thought I was a teammate, too.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SIX!

The other funny kill I had (though I wasn't credited it with it) was when I was lining up a strafing run on a Tiger with my IL2M3 at about 50(-) meters altitude. A 109 came screaming down at me and started firing.

I switched to my gunner's seat just in time to see the 109 plow right into the Tiger before I could fire a shot.

Speed kills.

It has been a few good "IL2-moments" yes. One I remember particular was that I was chased by a better pilot/plane early in my career, low in the mountains. I was heading for a cloud for a little trick. I did not seek shelter but knew the mountain rose up to a little hill in and behind the cloud. My pursuer followed, and inside I climbed hard to avoid the hill, the hun didnt and smashed head on ;-)

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    Most memorable and funniest kill for me was flying at 8000m in wc over a german runway, getting my wingshot off by aaa falling to the ground and hitting a german plane that just took off and getting called a noob for colliding

That was the most memorable or colliding thru bombers wings with 190s and 109s without firing a shot and getting a kill everytime.

another funny kill was the bail out and occassionally hit the plane trailing your 6 but they changed it.

When a 180-225 pilot actually exploded the plane trailing its 6. Now you just fly thru them which is incredibly lame. Oleg change it back dont listen to the arcade big dot insert quarter arcade fans ever.

you seen what a 5lb bird does to an ac imagine a human.

This was not an online kill but, worth mentioning.

It was when the I-16 was first available for the original Il-2. I decided to try my lonelt I-16 on a full flight of 4X He-111. I downded the first two but, my ammo ran out. So, i thought "what the heck, it is offline, let's test how strong this new fighter really is". I slowed down the simulation a bit and sawed the tail of the first He-111 and the second one, and landing safely (not at base, mind you)

I was so surprised that I got away with it, I saved the track and I would've made a MPG file from it but, I didn't know about FRAPS. The track has been lost now.

I was playin around with a few friends, i had a P38L with the 12 HVARS and 1,000 lbs bombs.. I came to their airfield, found one of the guys on the ground, and i dropped a bomb, i dont remmber what my delay was at the time, but the bomb hit his plane and broke a wing off without exploding, he respawns, and jus as hes coming back, the bomb explodes, then i saw pieces of his plane flyin in every direction...

This isn't a kill..but one night of VFC coops they had an airstart mission with 3 FW190/Mistels combo and a fleet of 110's and 109's against some Brits. Well it was the first run of this mission, and apparently the air armada was spaced a little too close: an AI 109 collided with the AI Mistel and exploded it in midair, which in turn exploded the 2 other Mistels like a chain reaction..which eventually destroyed about half of the german force in flight within 7 seconds or so the mission start....Luftwaffe flyers were *****in everybody else out.. unbelievable.......ntrk available upon request...