View Poll Results: Could you find those files easily?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I found them

27 96.43%
  • No, I can't find them

1 3.57%
  • I found the Campaign folder, where's the other?

0 0%
  • I found the Menu music folder, where's the other?

0 0%
    slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    Drag and drop for me....
    p.s. "my stupid campaign"....you might want to rename this

I'm so in favor of just dropping in the folders rather than running an executable! It's when I have to drop in a dozen or so folders that I find it tedious; one or two is about perfect.

Just to add: I use a popular 3D modeling program that is hugely supported by 3rd-party add-on content. The standard practice is to make up empty folders, starting with the root folder for the program, and going down the tree to the ones containing the actual content. Then when it's zipped up the user need only unzip it to the program's root folder, wherever that is, and the stuff gets into where it needs to go, no need for the installer to navigate further than the root. The biggest content host service actually requires submissions to be in that format; it makes installing nearly idiot-proof--which is great for idjits like me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB462cid:
    Actually It's kinda catchy

"Hey, have you tried MSC yet? It roxxors!!11!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

controller?....no, not yet, I will get one soon though

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">M</span><span class="ev_code_RED">y</span>
    <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">S</span><span class="ev_code_RED">illy</span>
    <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">C</span><span class="ev_code_RED">ranium</span>

I did not now that you released it yet...got a link

Those are really clear and would be just what someone who doesn't mess about with files much needs. I imagine it'll be even better with the fonts and things that you mentioned.

This should be really good. Any more screens?

I'm really looking forward to this. Very nice and great detail.

I prefer the cut and paste, since it is so simple to do in IL2's directory. I am suspicious of .exe and always open any in another file first to see what's inside them before copying into the correct folders.

MrMojok's Avatar Senior Member
    Chris-

I much prefer--in a campaign download that has multiple skins-- that the designer make an .exe that automatically puts all files in thier correct locations. I know how to put skins where they need to go, but if the designer has done it that way it saves a bit of time.

However, if all your campaign has is the campaign folder and a wav file to put in a separate location, well, it can't get too much simpler than that. I already have all your skinpacks.

No problemo for me. As long as skins are marked correctly there's no issues. I have no reason to see any either. As far as I'm concerned release MSC as you wish.