Hi,
    I'm about to buy a Sony 23" widescreen monitor (1900 x 1200). Does anyone else have/use one and can PF run in widescreen mode to fill the screen ?

Thanks

My laptop 15.1 widescreen does not fill the screen. So, in your case you will have effectively something like a 21'' 4:3 screen.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    think u can manualy add res to the config file

even so the image will be distorted if not 4:3 unless the game officially supports it (Unreal Tournament does for example, Pacific Fighters does not). Still, nice to know there is such an option in the config file.

you better send that screen to me so i can evaluate it for you a few years

my current one gives me a quasimodo profile from trying to scan for enemies.. or seeing what i write for that matter.

17" screens placed on a table 1.5 meters away ain't ideal for chainsmoking flyers!

and as a proof of the lack of real or even adequate widescreen support for the time being:

http://www.jg51.net/forums/viewthrea...age=1#pid22153

Thanks for the replys...

Hmmmm not sure what to do now

If you watch a lot of movies i am sure that would be a good buy. But if you have only games or desktop applications in mind, buy a 4:3 monitor.

Originally posted by neural_dream:
    even so the image will be distorted if not 4:3 unless the game officially supports it (Unreal Tournament does for example, Pacific Fighters does not). Still, nice to know there is such an option in the config file.
    Not so. You can edit the resolution in the config.ini and set saveaspect=0 and you will get widescreen image on a widescreen monitor without "stretching".

I run a wide screen 30" LCD TV monitor and this is what my screen looks like. Note the pictures are not distorted.

Here is a normal aspect ratio SS to compare them to...

Originally posted by Wilburnator:
    Not so. You can edit the resolution in the config.ini and set saveaspect=0 and you will get widescreen image on a widescreen monitor without "stretching".
    Yes, with saveaspect=0 you get rid of the "stretching" but not of the cropping.