I have noticed most axis fighters have the gunsight offset slightly to the right. However the aiming reticule is still aimed at the centre of the windscreen. This means there is only half or so of the aiming reticule actually on the gunsight glass and the rest is not visible. Is there any way to aim from inside the cockpit without pressing SHIFT-F1?

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    At least you know about shift-F1. Sorry no, what you could do is assign another button, I use the 4th button on my mouse...very handy.

Excuse my ignorance But assign another button.. to what?

Thanks for your quick answer though.

Art-J's Avatar Senior Member
    ...to "toggle gunsight" command, I guess? Don't remember for sure.

Cheers - Art

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Hannibal_817:
    I have noticed most axis fighters have the gunsight offset slightly to the right. However the aiming reticule is still aimed at the centre of the windscreen. This means there is only half or so of the aiming reticule actually on the gunsight glass and the rest is not visible. Is there any way to aim from inside the cockpit without pressing SHIFT-F1?

shift f1 will cycle through various sights until you get one that is central in the gun sight, I just leave it set on that one

if you go into controls in the game or into hotas... what joeap is getting atis that in the list find the gunsight command then where it says shift f1 on the right click the mouse on it then press the key you want to use when the window opens...say a button on your joystick then go to the bottom of the page and click save or click the mouse over on the left of the screen to close it..

the shift f1 will still work if you left it there as will the one you set on your joystick to change views..........

Thanks for your help and quick responses. Dopey ol' me. What i actually meant was Ctrl+F1 and i didn't know about Shift+F1 . Shift+F1 actually works fine for me now though . Still, thanks for your help.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    Why is it offset to begin with?

Why is it offset to begin with?
    I think it was an engineering decision made in a effort to cut down on 'dueling scars' caused by a force landing.

Use SHIFT+F1 a lot.
    It will also help you to get better forward view in certain planes (but not all; in some you may actually feel it is worsened).

But ALL have btter rear view when you press SHIFT+F1.

This is not limited to axis only.

additional info.
    Shift F1 has the effect of you moving foreward to peer into the gunsight, that's why you get a better rear view too (it differs from the zoom).