Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    Straight Into an Icy Hell - A Japanese Seaplane Campaign by Zeus-cat

This campaign requires a merged install of IL-2/Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters of version 4.04m or higher to play.

This campaign is a 14 mission sequel to my previous Rufe campaign "Straight Shot". It is not necessary to play Straight Shot before playing this campaign, but it is recommended.

With your success in the South Pacific, you are now in command of the seaplane chutai on the IJN Heavy Cruiser Hashimoto. You will be catapulted off the cruiser to undertake various missions including intercept, recon and attack in your A6M2-N seaplane (Allied designation Rufe). You have moved from the warm waters of the South Pacific to the frigid, barren wasteland of the Aleutians. You left Tokyo Bay three weeks ago and are now approaching your new base of operations with two freighters of vital equipment and supplies.

Up until now, the Aleutians has been a theater where tired men operate tired equipment that should have been stricken from the inventory years ago. With the arrival of the Hashimoto and the two freighters of supplies for Hikuru Base, the balance of power in this region will certainly shift in favor of the Emperor!

You have you orders - now do your duty!

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    Now this one is brillaint folks. A Rufe in the snow. C'mon.

Seriously I tested it for the man and it really is the most unique campaign I have ever played.
    Many thumbs up

This is offically next on my campaign list

(too tired tonight... tomarrow!)

"Brilliance at it's best." -the Bismark South Dakota Flood News and Telegraph

"I was throughly impressed. Each Zeus-cat campaign is better than the last!" -Captain Peter Peachfuzz, Untied States Heirforce, Retired.

"A unique environment and will both challenge and immerse you." -Ivan A. B. Anace, the Minsk Messenger Times

Seriously folks, this is another great campaign by Zues-cat. You really owe it to yourself to give it a try. I enjoyed every minute of testing it.

PBNA-Boosher's Avatar Senior Member
    I made a dogfight mission something like this for Winds of War, haven't heard back from Cheech yet, but I've been looking for something to do! Doesn't hurt to try! (Actually it does, every Japanese mission I fly I get wounded :P)

Bumph

"I used to be a loser. Then I played this campaign, and lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 50 lbs. of muscle! Now, all the ladies want to have my baby. Thanks Zeus Cat!"

Seriously though, I've only had the oportunity to play 2 of the missions thus far, and I love the ambiance of them!

Originally posted by jatall:
    "I used to be a loser. Then I played this campaign, and lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 50 lbs. of muscle! Now, all the ladies want to have my baby. Thanks Zeus Cat!"
    The best review yet

B16Enk's Avatar Senior Member
    Having seen the screen shots this is going to be my first foray into off-line campaigns.

Nice one M8

Just flown the first mission - enjoyed it very much, looking forward to more stick-time on this one