Found this info (along with the plane) while visiting RAF Cosford. Looked very impressive for the Luftwaffe!

http://www.atgo72.pipex.com/Hornisse.jpg

I thought it was allready in the game?

Only not flyable.

Ahhhhh..I was thinking flyable....if it is already here.

ME410 the most embarrasing fiasco plane for the Luftwaffe, even than I would love to fly this bird Maybe someday in the future

Originally posted by zlin:
    ME410 the most embarrasing fiasco plane for the Luftwaffe, even than I would love to fly this bird Maybe someday in the future
    I think you mix it up with the Me210... that was a very unstable and nervous plane to fly - and it didnt have all that much performance (it's even a tad slower than the Bf110G2!).

However the Me210Ca (a = ausl√¬§ndisch = foreign) which was built on request for the Hungarian Air Force was quite a big improvement and finally met the Luftwaffe's requirement for a next-gen Zerst√¬∂rer. It already featured many of the improvements that would later manifest in the Me410 - which was a magnificent plane.

Special "Zerst√¬∂rer" versions could reach speeds of up to 670km/h and had an enourmous firepower of 4x20mm and 2x7,92mm and of course the option to mount various R√ľsts√¬§tze which brought 20mm gondolas, the WGr.21 rockets, Mk108 cannons, etc...

Yea, Me410 would ROCK! but I as far as I know the WIP model has been dropped and we will never see it in FB

HI JGKaraya-X

Yes you are absolutely right the Me210 is the embarrassing one. The Me410 was devastating to the allied bombers for it's huge firepower as long until little friends show up, then Me410 pilots suffered same fate as Me210 for very much same reason like "underpowered engines" (power to weight ratio problem) and questionable
    aerodinamics.
    I think that probably best two engine plane that Germany quickly started working on was German version" Mosquito 154 " . After good progres and many flight test factory were destroyed after allied bombing raid and production has halted.
    Mosquito 154 was the plane with clean aerodinamics and power for speed unfortunately didn't make it to the sky for enemy engagement.
    This time I hope that I'm not much wrong with this one

This baby

ta 154

tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by zlin:

I think that probably best two engine plane that Germany quickly started working on was German version" Mosquito 154 " . After good progres and many flight test factory were destroyed after allied bombing raid and production has halted.
    Mosquito 154 was the plane with clean aerodinamics and power for speed unfortunately didn't make it to the sky for enemy engagement.
    This time I hope that I'm not much wrong with this one
    Well, Ta154 was designed, like you mentioned, to be built mostly of wood, and still had remarkable performance. However, the glue (the acid level in it in fact) was not the best one and pilots of Ta154 faced the risk of their aircraft disintegrating in the air.

In my opinion best prop driven twin engine plane, that actually saw combat, is He219:

In the first operational mission, on the night of June 11-12, 1943, one of these preproduction aircraft downed five British "Lancaster" bombers. Over the next 10 days, 20 RAF bombers were shot down, including six of the extremely fast "Mosquitoes" (which commonly hit speeds near 650 kph/400 mph).

Read more here:

http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero...einkel_219.htm

Hi gombal40

Nice pic

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    Definatly.