Barakeh's Avatar Junior Member
    Hey, I would like to introduce myself first. I'm an Arab Muslim from the city of Sidon in Lebanon. I live a few kilometers, and a maximum of 3 hours away from the three cities found in the game, although technically I can't visit either due to Akka (Akko) and Al Quds (Jerusalem) being in an enemy state (according to Lebanese Law) and Damascus being in Syria which has recently closed its borders to us because of the political crisis. This is all sad really. Now this game means a lot to me (I know its just a game lol) but I couldn't relate to a main character more in any other video game, and also because the location is simply surreal.
    Enough ranting, can anyone please tell me if this game has been released in Europe yet, I would like to order it and google says this game's release date is yesterday.
    I'm in love with Assassin Creed (TM) and I haven't even played it yet!

I forgot to mention this: I'm a PC Gamer BTW.

The PC release is listed by Ubi as starting on April 8th, the actual date varies from region to region, but only by a few days.
    Welcome to the forums btw, and you'll find other Arab Muslims here, no doubt you'll end up meeting them.

i think the PC version comes out on the 11th of april, that is for the uk not sure what date for you...

Thanks for the replies.
    Damn, April? That is a long wait.

Ghost_Hybrid's Avatar Banned
    Its easy to wait for greatness, but hard to wait for uncertainty.

AdarB's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by Barakeh:
    Hey, I would like to introduce myself first. I'm an Arab Muslim from the city of Sidon in Lebanon. I live a few kilometers, and a maximum of 3 hours away from the three cities found in the game, although technically I can't visit either due to Akka (Akko) and Al Quds (Jerusalem) being in an enemy state (according to Lebanese Law) and Damascus being in Syria which has recently closed its borders to us because of the political crisis. This is all sad really. Now this game means a lot to me (I know its just a game lol) but I couldn't relate to a main character more in any other video game, and also because the location is simply surreal.
    Enough ranting, can anyone please tell me if this game has been released in Europe yet, I would like to order it and google says this game's release date is yesterday.
    I'm in love with Assassin Creed (TM) and I haven't even played it yet!
    Hey Barakeh
    Just wanted to join you and say it is indeed a shame you can't visit those locations..
    I live in the "enemy state" you mentioned (Israel) and I do wish we could move around freely in eachother's countries..
    There's nothing I want more than to visit the enemy territories as an ally and wipe some hummus while sharing Assassins Creed memories

adarwinter's Avatar Senior Member
    ahalan, barake.
    i live in israel too and its nice to see some true arabic friends in the forum.
    i could tell that acre and jerusalem in reall life are not as pretty as they are in the game but i have been to jerusalem just 2 weeks ago and everytime i looked around in the encient city i could imagine how would altair climb these walls. :P
    im sure im not the only one.

p.s. -
    AdarB, my name is Adar too. with "alef". how funny is that?
    where u born in adar "bet"?

You may not hear(read) this from many other Arabs especially Muslims. But I hope you and the Palestinians will find peace someday, hopefully soon. I've just found out that there is an abandoned Synagogue (still intact but no services) in Deir Al Qamar, Mount Lebanon. Muslims and Jews were friends and neighbors before this crisis over land happened, I would very much to retain such friendship. And open these Man-Made borders
    The internet is such a great mean of communication, if I were communicating with you in any other method, I would be jailed on the account of collaborating with the enemy lol.

AdarB's Avatar Member
    AdarB, my name is Adar too. with "alef". how funny is that?
    where u born in adar "bet"?
    Ahah that's pretty funny.. No, I was born in Adar Alef Where do you live?

You may not hear(read) this from many other Arabs especially Muslims. But I hope you and the Palestinians will find peace someday, hopefully soon. I've just found out that there is an abandoned Synagogue (still intact but no services) in Deir Al Qamar, Mount Lebanon. Muslims and Jews were friends and neighbors before this crisis over land happened, I would very much to retain such friendship. And open these Man-Made borders
    The internet is such a great mean of communication, if I were communicating with you in any other method, I would be jailed on the account of collaborating with the enemy lol.
    Muslims and Jews even worked together in perfect harmony.. I hate the fact that our (your and our) people don't seem to agree on things and get along.. all the fighting and slandering is dumb and worthless to my opinion.. the only fighting that needs to be done is in games like AC.. all in good spirit
    Your society is much more rough than ours in some ways, although I can definitely not visit there, if you ever get the chance of coming here you're very welcomed to visit my home.. I dunno how we seem from your side but no harm comes to friendly faces no matter where they come from..