A. Cockpit always on.

IBTL <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

A "world's first": fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller. Features and available servers here.

Answer A as well

A... and what's IBTL?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    A and only A<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

The End is Nigh: The World will END in two weeks...be sure!

A.

Perhaps when I have a complete simpit AND beamer I will consider to turn it off... <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

----------------------------------------------------
    You can't fight in here....this is the War Room!!

Dr. Strangelove

A - always!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Fliegergr??sse

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    Scan the servers down HyperLobby and you will see that the servers with the most flyers are usually the open pit servers. I prefer closed pit myself, as it eliminates ridiculous deflection shooting and makes ya work for the kill. Plus, closed pit gives a pilot a chance to use real life maneuvers to escape a bogey on their six.

With that said, I fly all servers from no pit/externals to all switches left. There is fun at every level of this game and no pit/externals is fun for me because you see him, he sees you and when you still can outmaneuver and gun him down, there is a certain satisfaction.

"All switches left" requires more flying around and technology advantages abound. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Better graphics, TiR, huge monitors all help immensely in "All switches left". Although, there will be several who follow this post with, "All I have is minimal hardware and I have no problems...bla, bla, bla." At least in Open pit/externals, everybody is on the same playing field.

In the end, it all boils down to you having fun playing the game the way you want to play it with other like-minded individuals. Pssst, that's why we have switchable settings. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Coming Soon to a Full Six near you...
    Track Library

Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
    A... and what's IBTL?
    In Before The Lock.

In this context, a potentially humorous reference to
    a) the closed cockpit, which is often called 'locked' pit
    b) the ugly word battles in the past regarding what difficulty settings are the best, in which some threads were locked by the moderators.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

A "world's first": fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller. Features and available servers here.

lmao, thanks for explaining! I've wondered about that for a looong time now <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    If I don't have the cockpit on, I cannot orient myself worth a damn. The artificial horizon is nice, but so is the 'glance at the scenery and know when it's time to add more rudder' approach

For me, since I am interested in machinery and the historicl context at least as much as the actual blowing-up-of-things (which is, let's face it, fun 100% of the time), I need the cockpit on. I like the twirly things twirling when I add trim, and I like the pushy things pushing when I add rudder. I like the gunsights and I even enjoy the stupid cockpit framing being in the way sometimes. My personal feeling is that without the cockpit, certain things are compromised to the point at which the sim would be valueless to me without it.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Flower of Scotland, will we see your like again?