well i was in the Atlantic,below island on the edge of Air cover,the weather was stormy,rainny and wind 15!!And i got surprised by two bombers!!!There is no way that in such a weather they would take of!!!!would be nice if we could use weather for our advantage like they did in real.It happend to me now more often!!!its 1942 but still there is no way that there would be a plane searching for sub in stormy weather and the sea in such a level!!!

anybody else notice that?

Kaleun1961's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes, they seem to be able to surprise you at any time. Another consideration is that the weather at the plane's base may be different than the weather in the search zone. The Germans noticed this during Barbarossa, as they approached Moscow. Their own planes were glued to the mud airfields, while the Russian planes flew from paved airfields behind their own lines.

Hoatee's Avatar Senior Member
    Have to agree with that as far as the mission I am busy with now is concerned - I'm doing the Gibralter single player mission and have so far been attacked twice by aircraft and the second time seemingly by surprise. I myself wasn't watching and I suspect that my crew were sleeping on the job (on the other hand, I did assign my crew 'surface cruise' status).

Planes are only 'uber' for a reason (other than being 'uber').