BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    CUT FROM ANOTHER SITE "The Stinson L-5 was used as an "Liaison" aircraft during the war. It is the military version of the civilian Stinson Voyager. The ability of the L-5 to takeoff and land on short fields made it an ideal tool for search and rescue missions during the war. Even in the jungles of Southeast Asia and Papua New Guinea, a landing field could be hacked away for the Stinson in little time... When the jungles were too tall and thick, such as in Burma, steel planking was actually lashed to the treetops as a makeshift runway for the L-5. After the plane landed and the trees had stopped swaying, wounded soldiers would be carried up into the trees to be loaded on the plane for evacuation."

What do ya'll think about that? Sounds like BS to me. Is this documented?

CUT FROM ANOTHER SITE "The Stinson L-5 was used as an "Liaison" aircraft during the war. It is the military version of the civilian Stinson Voyager. The ability of the L-5 to takeoff and land on short fields made it an ideal tool for search and rescue missions during the war. Even in the jungles of Southeast Asia and Papua New Guinea, a landing field could be hacked away for the Stinson in little time... When the jungles were too tall and thick, such as in Burma, steel planking was actually lashed to the treetops as a makeshift runway for the L-5. After the plane landed and the trees had stopped swaying, wounded soldiers would be carried up into the trees to be loaded on the plane for evacuation."

What do ya'll think about that? Sounds like BS to me. Is this documented?

Planking lashed to the treetops as a makeshift runway??? Wounded taken up the trees to the plane????? Yea and my name`s Mickey Mouse! RUBBISH.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.
    Becuse it dosent take 3min using frontline express to make a page and put it up somewhere.
    Your going to hear a read a lot of bs before your eyes fall off.

Hmm... now for my "Japan used imported Me262 in large numbers" page.

sounds cool, sounds weird...

Hey Mickey want a link?
    BTW how the frick did they get the steel planking up into the trees?

With enough Bananas... you can teach any Monkey a trick or two!

Now just climb that tree over there and lash these planks up there for me... OK!