Russia seen from inside a Fw 189:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/...wthread.php?t=158341

Great

Great photos. Really. Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps this has been covered already, but I have never seen this question asked.
    What are the fins on the propeller spinners for? I never knew, and I have never asked before now.

They are a pretty crude, but effective way of achieving automatic propeller-pitch.

As the aircraft flies faster, they're getting turned (they're not linked to the prop disc for that matter) ever faster.
    Pitch is set depending on those fins' RPM.

Great pictures!!!! And they will be useful reference photos for the future in case Oleg or anyone else wants to build one . The 'Charts and Tables' sticky ought really have it's name changed, allowing for reference photos too: For high quality images like these, and especially for interior photos. They are always very hard to find when you want them.

Thanks for that information Bremspropeller - now I finally know what those fins are for.

NP

BTW: I should have known that beating dead horses such as the 500th Bf109-performance-thread are more popular than some first-class pics of the Charkov-Front in '42

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice pics
    Are those small bombs underneath the wings of the Fw189? I cant quite make them out?

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Caption or not, there's no mistaking flying over downtown Kharkov when you see it.

Fantastic shots!

Xio, looks like those are empty racks - propably for SC50s.

Nice photos and one of the best things I have seen posted here in a while.

The FW-189 from accounts appears to have been an absolute joy to fly. It is a shame there are not more of these rare birds around.

IIRC, two are being restored.

All the best,

Crumpp