I scanned some posts and it looks like "we" can run this game on a dedicated server? Are the Linux files released, or would this have to be a windows machine? I already rent a server, that I host RTCW/ET game servers on, but I have plenty of room/bandwidth to host more games.

I need to know if the files to run a dedicated server are availble.

And any other info is appreciated!

I scanned some posts and it looks like "we" can run this game on a dedicated server? Are the Linux files released, or would this have to be a windows machine? I already rent a server, that I host RTCW/ET game servers on, but I have plenty of room/bandwidth to host more games.

I need to know if the files to run a dedicated server are availble.

And any other info is appreciated!

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    It's not released yet and it will require a Windows machine. It will come at the same time as or shortly after the patch/addon that's almost here.

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    The dedicated server software is only windows based.(no linux available)At the moment the latest dedicated server software available is AEP 2.04.

Soon the Pacific Fighters server software will be released.

You can find it at 3dgamers in the IL-2 Forgotten Battles section.

The patches are not cumulative so you need them all.The server starts at 1.11 going up to 2.04

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Troll2k:
    The patches are not cumulative so you need them all.The server starts at 1.11 going up to 2.04 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We may get a new All In One download for PF I think. Wait & see...

Windows only, yuck! LOL! I have had lots of problems with Windows servers not being as stable as Linux boxes, but I can understand why they might not want to release the Linux code/version. The reason being, if you have Linux, you would only need to download the code, and add the maps (and maybe some other stuff) from a Windows CD then you could play the game without buying it. I know people who do that with other games, and it is about time developers cought on lol!

Well, perhaps they should find away to solve that problem, because many servers run on linux, including my own personal server. Linux is much more stable than windows, and is practically built for coding/serving. Not much for gaming though, but it is catching on. I have two machines, a windows box for gaming and a linux box for my web/file/mail servers.