polak5's Avatar Senior Member
    I was wondering if it is posible to implement External views when u die.
    For example: U are playing in a Full real coop, then u crash and burn. unfortunetly u wont be able to see ur teammates duke it out becouse ur camera will be stuck were u die.
    It would be kol if u could see how ur teammate fairs out.

almost 2 years ago KG_Alpha wrote:
    "Oleg was asked this along time ago about this, unfortunately due to the "online code" its not possible.
    However I dont know if it will be reviewed for the next release Battle of Britian, with a new complete engine and coding it may be included to be able to handle "friendly" views only, most other gaming genre Ive seen have a similar system of friendly views only so it should not be to great a problem for future inclusion."

Are these coding problems still around?
    And what if the coop mission is just Human players against AI?

S!

Good idea. And, unless I'm overlooking something, extremely easy to implement.

I hope we never get this,or if we do,there is a setting to disable it.This would be a disaster for online war flying.

I think I know what you mean... I've just thought about it. The fact that you, after being killed, could assist your teammates?

Hmmm...

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Externals after you die, exist in real life. You see yourself while floating near the ceiling...

Besides, you should be able to advice your living comrades, as a voice a-la-Obi-Wan-Kenobi...

Some sort of "Spectator mode" would be nice for normal Coops and dogfight servers. On the other hand it should of course be an option that you can enable/disable because otherwise this would turn out to be a cheat in Online Wars as Uther pointed out.

You could tell your teammates over chat or voicecomm what kind of enemies are left, where they are, what they are doing, etc...

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Seriously, what about a BF1942-like external, where you can only track your teammates?

It should be made as an option to prevent "ghosting" in serious wars but to allow for some fun if it's desired.

In case you don't know "ghosting" is the term given when dead players assist team-mates over Team Speak or Ventrillo or whatever.

The best solution is that which Counter Strike implemeted years ago.

There are 3 server-side options

Fade to black = Dead players see nothing (used in serious clan-matches)

View team-mates only = Dead players can see a camera attached to team-mates only

View all = self explanatory really - purely for "fun"

Fun? This isn't fun it's war I tell you!!!!11

Sorry for posting the obvious but not everyone has played other games.

Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    Externals after you die, exist in real life. You see yourself while floating near the ceiling...

Besides, you should be able to advice your living comrades, as a voice a-la-Obi-Wan-Kenobi...
    Stay away from the light mate!.....

As an option, yes it would be good.

As Extreme_One says, this would be unacceptable in on-line wars