sepuq's Avatar Junior Member
    When I trying start a game I have this message 'frequency out of range' and I got a question - how can I start SC Conviction in window mode? What cfg file I must change? What line? I have Windows 7 64, ATI Radeon 4850... I readed that some people have this same problem but no solution so far. Maybe on official forum someone could help.

------------------------------------------------------------

You get this 'Out of range' message, because the in-game Refresh rate(Hz) and the Resolution, are not within your Monitor's acceptable values.

You need to delete the Config(.ini) file, which stores the game's settings. Doing this will reset ALL the settings to default. This config file should be located under the following path:

The Path should be something like e.g., C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini.

Or, 'Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction\ConvictionUserPC.ini'.

The config file's name should be ConvictionUserPC.ini. The above folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows. After finding this config file (.ini), remove it. Now launch the game, and at the Video Options choose the Resolution/Refresh rate which you like. Do NOT select those values, which your Monitor doesn't support.

You can also Manually enter the Resolution/Hz values inside this config file. Search for the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y' lines.

*To run this game in 'Windowed Mode', first try pressing ALT+ENTER. Also try changing the value of any variable like 'Fullscreen' to 0, inside the SplinterCell5.ini config file.*

<span class="ev_code_GREY">But I'm NOT sure, whether we can properly force 'SC- Conviction' to run in Windowed mode, because Assassin's Creed 2 was also NOT playable in Windowed mode.</span> But you can try using these Tools, which I'm giving. Follow the instructions carefully.

http://appaholic.co.uk/2007/10...nto-a-windowed-mode/

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

For 3D-Analyze: DL this program, and then Select the Game's exe e.g. conviction_game.EXE, and click on the RUN button. But first make sure to *Check/Tick* the option Force Windowed Mode, under the Performance heading/tab.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sepuq's Avatar Junior Member
    Many thanks, launching game with DXWND helped.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the Update. Glad to know the tool worked out for SCC (Windowed Mode).

Cheers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Listen Kingdaniel0 , when i want to save the resolution settings it says acces denied and i cant save my resolution ? i cant open the config file with '' Run as adminstator '' either

Recently i just got this game, And everytime i open it, it shows UPLAY then i click the PLAY button on the far right corner, then it goes to the game, then suddenly it goes "out of range" i followed exactly what the guy said up there on how to handle it, but nothing shows up on mine still, i even deleted the ConvictionUserPC.ini.. and still nothing, i even did it manually changing my resolution set different.
    still nothing.
    I feel like i wasted my money on nothing.
    Can anyone please help me?
    I am running a flat screen monitor. the normal rate of the monitor is 1024 by 768.

i really need help with this.

Thanks KingDaniel0 !

Personally I directly changed the resolution in the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y' lines, and it works !

DeadlyEye1984, I don't understand why it doesn't work for you...

Splinter cell problem

I just installed the Splinter cell Conviction.....
    And I tried running it the it give me
    You Nvidia GeForce320m graphics card is not supported
    Cancel or continue
    I click on continue then it flashes a black screen then quit s

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Bj-adams Go to original post
    I just installed the Splinter cell Conviction.....
    And I tried running it the it give me
    You Nvidia GeForce320m graphics card is not supported
    Cancel or continue
    I click on continue then it flashes a black screen then quit s
    Hi there,

I am afraid you are getting this error because this graphics card is incompatible with the game and so the game will not be able to run.

You will find the games hardware requirements here.