Hey all--

Does anyone know if it's possible to mark a line as a comment in the conf.ini files? The reason I ask is that sometimes I tweak something or add something (like the two lines for stopping the runway flickering) and I want to document the change. But it makes the most sense to do it right next to the change instead of in separate files.

Being a software developer myself (and using many a ".ini" file in the past), I'm guessing there is either a symbol that can be used in the first column to denote that the rest of the line is a comment OR perhaps the parser of the conf.ini file ignores anything it doesn't recognize (but that's a dangerous way to go).

Thanks.

* _54th_Speeder *

Thanks.

Hey all--

Does anyone know if it's possible to mark a line as a comment in the conf.ini files? The reason I ask is that sometimes I tweak something or add something (like the two lines for stopping the runway flickering) and I want to document the change. But it makes the most sense to do it right next to the change instead of in separate files.

Being a software developer myself (and using many a ".ini" file in the past), I'm guessing there is either a symbol that can be used in the first column to denote that the rest of the line is a comment OR perhaps the parser of the conf.ini file ignores anything it doesn't recognize (but that's a dangerous way to go).

Thanks.

* _54th_Speeder *

Thanks.

That is a good idea. That way you can easily switch options, without need to re-create lines.. is it possible I don't know.

I think you can comment a line with the semicolon -- ";". At least I've seen this used in other .ini files.

Anyone know definitively?

What weather_man said - ';' comments out in ini files.
    in CMD files - REM

Cheers!

Tech News

The most effective blog in the world of information is now available here. If you want then you can read and gain you knowledge with us and also you can share your reviews that what would you like in our Tech News. Also, if you want then you can give an article to share on our website's page.