ZergRusher's Avatar Duel of Champions Grandmaster
    i found sth more:
    1). Sun steed - crusaders special ability according to description gives immunity to effects reducing movement but Wanizame's ferociious wound will keep their -3 movement nerf even when crusaders change into light
    2). When i click cleansing light on glories i cannot cancel this ability by clicking the right mouse button
    3). I think i should be able to choose cleansing light AND attack and not return (attack and not return should be just optional as an addition to special attack and not replace special attack)
    4).Elementals when summoned don't suffer from initiative penalty

I'm having major] issues with this game and the problem is the crazy amount of freezing. I've tried many things to fix it. I've even changed it so the GPU would try and run it. Works for a little while and then it will freeze again. The only way out of the freeze is to stop the program and start up again. I've read on a few forums that this game has a funny problem with Nvidia? If that was the case I wish I was warned before the purchase. I'm just getting a little annoyed with having to close and start up the program 100 times in one game.

im having issues with the save game sync almost everytime after i played the day before i come back and uplay cant sync my save game. other issue im having is launching the game almost everytime i try to play i open uplay and try launching the game but its just showing little picture of a devil and a necro and the running circle from my com and it stays stuck there doesnt launch. my fix to this problem is simple but anoying i just reinstall the game everytime i wanna play real anoying and to think you take customers money and deliver a product like that is ridiculous i seen a post about playing this on steam im gonna check it out cause im sure steam doesnt have this launching issue uplay has

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Bendoverfatty Go to original post
    I'm having major] issues with this game and the problem is the crazy amount of freezing.
    The developers are aware of this issue and we should have some news very soon. You are correct it is to do with the Nvidia drivers.

Originally Posted by iamplay Go to original post
    im having issues with the save game sync almost everytime after i played the day before i come back and uplay cant sync my save game. ....
    I suggest opening a ticket with Technical Support about this, the link is in my signature.

Ubi_Irina's Avatar Senior Community Developer
    Hello guys,

there are some good news about Nvidia issue.
    Back in July 2012, when the revamped townscreens were introduced, the dev team used a specific rendering method to support pixel-precise selection of the buildings. This method at the time worked just fine with the current Nvidia drivers’ version. No related crash was detected, neither by our tests or the community, since the method was supported. In October 2012 Nvidia released a new version of drivers that changed the support of a few methods for some Nvidia devices, leading to the so-called Town Screen crash. This affected several other games across the board, not only Heroes VI. The issue was difficult to pin-point as it had a quite unpredictable reproduction step and unreliable reproduction rate. For many months the M&M team has investigated hand in hand with Nvidia teams, until we came to a breakthrough two weeks ago. We have now fixed our rendering method and so far the fix seems to be rock solid. We still have some tests to run on our end and we hope to be able to release the 2.0 patch beg of April.

We apologize for the time it took to find and fix this issue, and we really hope you will be able to enjoy once again Heroes the way it should be. In the meantime, please roll back to Nvidia drivers 301.42 until the release of the patch.
    We will keep you updated.

Ubi_Irina

NakiBest's Avatar Senior Member
    Ubi_Irina, thanks for the update & good news! Finally!

I have just a few necessary corrections, though:
    1) Town Screen FREEZE (Not "crash").
    2) The problem started in September, NOT October.

Hey Ubi_Irina, can you tell us if the 2.0 patch will be limited to fix the townscreen issue, or will it bring more changes & fixes?

Originally Posted by NakiBest Go to original post
    Ubi_Irina, thanks for the update & good news! Finally!

I have just a few necessary corrections, though:
    1) Town Screen FREEZE (Not "crash").
    2) The problem started in September, NOT October.
    SURELY THIS MUST BRING THE WORLD TO AN END! TERMINOLOGY MIXUP! DEATH AND CARNAGE ARE ALL THAT AWAITS.

Now that I've got that out of my system, it's good to hear there's finally been a breakthrough in trying to fix the town screen smash issue that started around the third or fourth quarter of last year.

Here's to hoping the projected patch release date for 2.0 is going to stay that way. (Note: not cynical, but we HAVE seen patch delays. I hope it won't happen here, but I won't whine if it does happen.)

Ubi_Irina's Avatar Senior Community Developer
    Originally Posted by Storm-Giant Go to original post
    Hey Ubi_Irina, can you tell us if the 2.0 patch will be limited to fix the townscreen issue, or will it bring more changes & fixes?
    No more changes have been planned, sorry. I will keep you updated on this topic!

Originally Posted by Ubi_Irina Go to original post
    No more changes have been planned, sorry. I will keep you updated on this topic!
    Ok, thanks for the response ^^