The divulgation department of C1 its a best of all , in create suspence...hehehehhehe....or the more boring place to work...hahahahahha...

Originally posted by grecobd:
    The divulgation department of C1 its a best of all , in create suspence...hehehehhehe....or the more boring place to work...hahahahahha...
    Here are some pics:

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...anger/?start=0

Thanks for reminding us just how much info we have, and how oh so sweet it is.

This guys know to do "future buyers" still interst on progress

http://www.gennadich.com/

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm hoping that by September the updates will begin to be fast and furious. Perhaps starting with E3 and then progressing from there. Allot of work with Oleg's team was likely behind the scenes engine stuff.

Thats actually something that most of the people who complain have been asking for. Better damage models, more realistic damage models, more detailed everything, weather, better bullet physics, better ammo belting system, and so on and so forth. No doubt that allot of the last year where we haven't heard much of anything has been the work on stuff like that. Thats my hope anyways!

I'm sure the eye candy will arrive sooner or later.

I have said this before and I will say it again. Oleg and team will pleasantly surprise us all to say the least. We will be BLOWN AWAY with what we will see in BoB.

I have said this before and I will say it again. Oleg and team will pleasantly surprise us all to say the least. We will be BLOWN AWAY with what we will see in BoB.
    Well of course, thats why we want to see it.

Considering the dearth of information [any new paragraphs have been rehashes of the previous] over the past 5 months, I think it's safe to start looking into other offerings.

Sad fact is, even the best thought out projects are susceptible to failure.

IL-2 still has life in it, great game - let's not pine anymore about what could have been.

-Raven

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by CarpeNoctem43:
    Considering the dearth of information [any new paragraphs have been rehashes of the previous] over the past 5 months, I think it's safe to start looking into other offerings.

Sad fact is, even the best thought out projects are susceptible to failure.

IL-2 still has life in it, great game - let's not pine anymore about what could have been.

-Raven
    Why would you say that? Just because the dev team isn't fulfilling our need for a new screen shot every month doesn't mean its not being worked on or isn't progressing in a timely fashion. I keep saying it but allot of game development is unglamorous stuff where the actual look of the game is terrible for months on end while stuff at the back end is being worked on. Stuff that only mathematicians and top level programmers might even consider to be interesting.

I think the announced the new game far too soon but thats just me. These things take time. Heck the recently announced StarCraft 2 has been in development since 2003 I was reading just today. Its now 2007 (as most of you well know ) and it won't be out until at least 2008. IL-2 itself started in 1997 and didn't come out until a fair bit later. Storm of War is way ahead of its predecessor.

Please click this link:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79018

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

If you are interested to discuss possibility to make menu screens for our flight sim Battle of Britain, please contact pf@1c.ru with the attention to Oleg Maddox in subject. Then I will answer from my own email.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like an proposition for you to do some work. Nice... But considering this is the only reference to SoW in 5 pages, I hardly count this as an update.

You may also want to read this thread, as well:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthread...=1#Post2228804

It's not that hard to look for and find info on BoB development, even if admittedly it's not much info. But work is progressing on it. Try looking at more places than just this forum Wink
    Huhh??? Speculation by consumers is information? I guess so, in some way; not what anyone is looking for tho.

And why not this forum? It's home base for them. Wink

Why would you say that? Just because the dev team isn't fulfilling our need for a new screen shot every month doesn't mean its not being worked on or isn't progressing in a timely fashion. I keep saying it but allot of game development is unglamorous stuff where the actual look of the game is terrible for months on end while stuff at the back end is being worked on. Stuff that only mathematicians and top level programmers might even consider to be interesting.
    I don't care about screen shots, I like em and all, but that's not the point. Point is we get no new information.

Don't have to tell me how glamorous or not software development is, been doing it for almost 15 years professionally and 25 totally. An update on progress has little to do with what's inside the black box, but everything to do with... progress...

And like I said, every new update anyone from the team, since last november / december, has given has been a rehash of the previous.

From experience, this really looks like a project that is in a death spiral.