OK so in AC1 Altair is missing his ringer finger right, but Malik in the beginning has his, also the first assassin (Darius? not sure) has all his fingers on his statue in the villa, are these just slip ups from Ubisoft or what?Y

I'm totally guessing here, but i think Altiar missing a ring finger because he was recuited and to show his commitment, Altair let them chopped off his ring finger. I could be wrong though.

Yeah they never quite explained that one. Also to wear the hidden blade required the sacrifice of the ring finger so they had to have it done to use one. I'm guessing it was just a slip up unless Altair decided one day to just chop off his finger to be unique - or maybe just to better hide the blade.

Either it's a slipup, OR it's due to Altair's rank. He was the highest-ranking of his fellow assassins at the start if you remember.....

DeafAtheist's Avatar Senior Member
    I dunno... according to the Leonardo in AC2 he said the hidden blade's design required it's removal and Ezio was about to let him cut it off when he said he was joking, the old design did indeed require that but he had modified it so it didn't. If I remember correctly Altair decided later it wasn't necessary and had the design altered in the Codex so future assassins didn't have to do it.

is malik a full assassin or just a recruit at the beginning, because in order to wear the hidden blade you need to be an full assassin. and did Darius have a hidden blade, because if he was the first assassin it might mean that the hidden blade was not invented yet. (these are all just my opinions, i have no idea what is the real explanation.)

Caligula__'s Avatar Senior Member
    I think Darius was the first one to use the hidden blade and he and Malik didn't get their fingers cut off because they wear different clothing to Altair and therefore the blade is concealed and doesn't need that gap between the fingers (or something)

no malik wears the same clothing as altair in solomons temple

LaCava1's Avatar Senior Member
    This is actually a good question... Maybe you could have missed it, because you don't have such a good shot of Malik before his hidden blade arm gets cut off.

maybe malik was an assassin that used a dagger and sword, rather than a hidden blade, you know, cause the assassins were all about free will?. the reason darius didnt have his cut off was maybe back then the blade didnt need a finger cut off and it only required a sacrifice after al mualim got control of things?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►