<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eat_My_Shortz:
    Was Tasera in Book of Ti'Ana - was she Aitrus (the grandfather)'s mother?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, and yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or did we meet Gehn's girlfriend in Book of Ti'ana? Also, wasn't Atrus' mother called Keta in Riven? (The woman in the hologram in Gehn's office?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No, and yes. Atrus' mother's name was Keta. Aitrus (his grandfather) was the son of Kahlis and Taesera.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Was Marrim from Riven? I thought she was from Averone!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You are correct, she is Averonese.

----------
    Alahmnat
    Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET
    Uru Forum Moderator, Community Assistant

Srikandi's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks Tainry/Ronda.

Can this thread get any longer? Hey, it's only two pages!

It may have set the record for the average post length, though.

Sri's Relto

I think you might have Srikandi.
    Anyways thanks for your help Alahmat. I guess I'll have to brush up on my Myst lore.

Unfortunately, I always try to read the Myst books when I go to bed, but I end up staying up 'till 3 AM on the forums, and then I'm too tired to do anywhing. Lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Srikandi:
    It may have set the record for the average _post length_, though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    On this forum, maybe. Just hope nobody goes and fetches Ro'novanava...

*watches Jerle run in fear*

Um...

----------
    Alahmnat
    Guild of Archivists, DPWR.NET
    Uru Forum Moderator, Community Assistant

Myst is Sexist

MYST holds a special place of nostalgia for those of us who craved accessible content in the '90s, but that does not mean the franchise gets a “free pass” from criticism or exemption from censorship. The games still employed sexist tropes and game mechanics that enforced/internalized misogynistic ideology (granted, to a lesser degree than other games at the time) in the individual minds that were participating in this male-created adventure. The supplemental books and comics that were released were a little better in their depiction/treatment of female characters, but not by much, and managed to gain a cult-like following amongst the less developed minds of that generation. It would have been better for all if MYST was sequestered to the nostalgic past, but in the last two decades, there have been attempts to resurrect the franchise onto the "big screen" in the form of a movie or series. These attempts have mostly self-destructed under poor management, but the project keeps getting passed to larger studios, and I would be lying if I said I was not worried about the continued proliferation of '90s era game misogyny to modern media. We are/were too late to stop another Mortal Kombat, but we can stop this. If you consider yourself to be a feminist, please consider signing this petition to "cease any-and-all progress on creating a movie or TV series based on the misogynistic video game franchise of Myst"
    https://www.change.org/p/stop-movie-...eo-game-series
    Even if they modernize the content for the movie or series, people will possibly want to explore the source material and ingest the inherent sexism therein. It must end. As my favorite line in the new Star Wars movies suggests, we must "let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."
    Please note, I am not the author of the petition, but I do believe in it.

Page 5 of 5 ◄◄  First ... 345