PLS in your needed time off think of a way to chose in dogfight online play Detailed clouds only for the server. It seems to me that everyone here is always pushing for the little guy. I'm a teacher in the US and I don't make much and this is my release so alot of my fun income goes into my PC and internet connection speed. I would like to set up a server that has the difficulty of Detailed Clouds. This should not be hard. Objective give the server the choice to create the environment that will give the high end users the best enjoyment. When I'm pushing high frame rates in the 50s with detailed clouds and it looks so much better. However online I wont fly in that setting because it puts me at a disadvantage.

If it is not to hard PLS consider it for us high end users setting there server netspeed to 25000.

Knight

PLS in your needed time off think of a way to chose in dogfight online play Detailed clouds only for the server. It seems to me that everyone here is always pushing for the little guy. I'm a teacher in the US and I don't make much and this is my release so alot of my fun income goes into my PC and internet connection speed. I would like to set up a server that has the difficulty of Detailed Clouds. This should not be hard. Objective give the server the choice to create the environment that will give the high end users the best enjoyment. When I'm pushing high frame rates in the 50s with detailed clouds and it looks so much better. However online I wont fly in that setting because it puts me at a disadvantage.

If it is not to hard PLS consider it for us high end users setting there server netspeed to 25000.

Knight

ICDP's Avatar Senior Member
    I second this request.

It is very annoying when you attempt to use clouds for cover or tactics only to find yourself being shot at. I use full detailed clouds but online when people use medium clouds the get a big advantage. Please allow clouds to be set by the server only, that way if clouds are set to medium on the server I get medium clouds.

Annoying?...yes. But I still leave "Detailed Clouds' on my machine all the time. It really suXorz to think I'm all but invisible in a cloud bank attempting to slink away to safety only to be shot right in the middle of it.

A server-side control on this option would be nice.

TB

nares's Avatar Junior Member
    BUmp!Made it a server option,medium clouds was developed for 4 years old machines, really only a few ones need that.Its not a fps killer.
    I think it will be specially important with the overcast patch.

Knight explain about the 25000 speed?

And i agreed i play always with detailed clouds.
    The map In "PROWAR" are setup to have detailed Clouds and they play a very imporatant roll in any battles and strategy.

For me playing with medium clouds is considerate as a cheat. period and it would be nice to have on a server side the ability to leave them ON and overwrite the client setting connecting to the server.

S!,
    Bump. I'm in full agreement for server side dictating cloud settings. It's very annoying knowing that you just shook a bandit by twisting and turning in a cloud only to be mistaken and have your tail shot off.

HB

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Just an observation from an offliner here...

Simple Clouds need to be Patched out of the sim. Nobody needs them anymore even with Trident Integrated motherboard grafix which I first used for FB and it ran Detail Clouds just fine.

Posted by: "For me playing with medium clouds is considerate as a cheat. period and it would be nice to have on a server side the ability to leave them ON and overwrite the client setting connecting to the server."

This is what we have now. This has been debated hottly in the past, however I believe it has been proven definitevely (about 5 times) that 'medium' clouds and 'detailed' clouds are the same at close ranges (under 5km, possibly 10km, if memory serves possibly increased with PF).

The clouds are a feature of the Map, and thus the same clouds are on everyone's machines, 'detailed' settings merely draw clouds out to a longer range.

There is NO advantage to flying 'medium' clouds, in fact it is normally a disadvantage, due to the inability to see clouds to hide/position in at longer distances. It is not possible to turn clouds off on your machine, when a server has clouds set to on. I'm unfamiliar with the MP_Dotrange command, however this could possibly allow long distance dots to be seen by some players, and not by others, however this has not been recently tested, that I know of.

Agreed, server should control cloud detail for EVERYONE -- Anything less is a cheat --