View Poll Results: Do you think "Free Rome" would be a positive addition to the Assassin's Creed community?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love to Free Rome!

69 77.53%
  • Possibly, it's not going to hurt anyone.

14 15.73%
  • No, Why would anyone want this?

6 6.74%
    I am so disappointed that there is no Free Roam multiplayer mode. I love this game so much and would love to have the freedom to explore Rome online with my friends, just chill out and chat...
    I honestly believe adding Free "Rome" to the list of multiplayer game modes would greatly enhance Ubisoft's community. I already know about 100 people who would buy Brotherhood if it had Free Roam.
    Free "Rome" greatly increases replay value.
    The way multiplayer seems to work so far is that you HAVE to do something, or you do nothing at all.
    It would be nice to relax every now and then and just explore the giant city of rome, without isolating yourself from the online community.
    Maybe i am the only gamer who feels this way, as i don't see any other topics suggesting this.
    I find it is a great addition to any game, but for some reason developers do not feel it is necessary anymore.
    This is the reason i lost interest in the Need For Speed franchise...
    Maybe i don't feel like serious racing at the moment, but i would enjoy a little cruise.
    Please Ubisoft add Free "Rome".
    I would enjoy running around the city of Rome with other players. No teams, no objectives, just assassins being assassins in Rome.
    I do not understand as to why others are opposed to this idea (on other gaming websites).
    Adding Free "Rome" to the list of multiplayer game modes would not be hurting anyone would it?
    As i said previously, i know many, many people who are only renting this game for the story.
    They see no replay value after its complete.
    Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love assassins creed. I have been running around by myself in singleplayer for too long now... It would be nice to invite some friends.

I am so disappointed that there is no Free Roam multiplayer mode. I love this game so much and would love to have the freedom to explore Rome online with my friends, just chill out and chat...
    I honestly believe adding Free "Rome" to the list of multiplayer game modes would greatly enhance Ubisoft's community. I already know about 100 people who would buy Brotherhood if it had Free Roam.
    Free "Rome" greatly increases replay value.
    The way multiplayer seems to work so far is that you HAVE to do something, or you do nothing at all.
    It would be nice to relax every now and then and just explore the giant city of rome, without isolating yourself from the online community.
    Maybe i am the only gamer who feels this way, as i don't see any other topics suggesting this.
    I find it is a great addition to any game, but for some reason developers do not feel it is necessary anymore.
    This is the reason i lost interest in the Need For Speed franchise...
    Maybe i don't feel like serious racing at the moment, but i would enjoy a little cruise.
    Please Ubisoft add Free "Rome".
    I would enjoy running around the city of Rome with other players. No teams, no objectives, just assassins being assassins in Rome.
    I do not understand as to why others are opposed to this idea (on other gaming websites).
    Adding Free "Rome" to the list of multiplayer game modes would not be hurting anyone would it?
    As i said previously, i know many, many people who are only renting this game for the story.
    They see no replay value after its complete.
    Don't get me wrong, i absolutely love assassins creed. I have been running around by myself in singleplayer for too long now... It would be nice to invite some friends.

If you wanted to roam aimlessly around Rome, why couldn't you just play the single player? I guess I don't see the thrill in randomly walking around with no clear objective in mind. If you want to shoot the breeze with your friends, just create a chat room. In my opinion, the developers should concentrate on more rewarding content instead.

I completely agree!
    I didn't put everything in because i felt my message was getting a little too long.

If you have ever played Red Dead Redemption, Burnout Paradise, GTA IV, or any other game with a interesting free roam, it is alot of fun.

I don't want to start suggest ideas for Ubisoft to add to a game mode they haven't even created.
    I would love for free rome to be created and then for Ubisoft to add things to it.

For example, maybe free rome optional challenges, co-op missions, or something.

Maybe you can assemble a Assassin Brotherhood full of your friends?

Maybe the Assassin with the most kills in the current room will have an assassination contract on his head, like red dead redemption most wanted.

Maybe you get rewarded for killing the lead player in a particular way, maybe with a throwing knife. Or by leaping off a rooftop.

So many cool things to spice it up, but the mode doesn't even exist yet... so it is my focus until it has.

They could create a very interactive free rome system.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. ubisoft might not even do anything.

I don't really know Ubisoft, but i hope they listen to their fans...

All I want for Christmas is a working matchmaking system for multiplayer.

Seriously, this is beyond a joke. Halo Reach & COD:BO have far superior matchmaking systems to this set-up. The designers really should have taken a leaf or two out of those books!

It's been almost a week since the game was released now and nothing has been done to fix it!

That's certainly an interesting and exciting notion, but I've always preferred the less substantial setup of simply choosing a game mode and playing it. I like the separation between single player and multiplayer, whereas in such games as RDR the two modes are virtually the same.

I<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berm87:
    If you wanted to roam aimlessly around Rome, why couldn't you just play the single player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He explained why in his post. I personally love free roam modes. You're free to do as you like- sightsee, kill guards, kill civilians, kill other players, race with your friends to the top of a view point- the list is potentially endless.

And I don't understand your remark about wanting the devs to work on 'more rewarding content'- the city of Rome is already built, how much effort would it demand to open it up for 4-8 players?

obliviondoll's Avatar Banned
    I think this would be fun, but impractical to implement.

Voted Yes I'd love to, but I can see why they didn't.

It disappoints me that this game is missing such a simple component with a very beneficial value.

This game is a masterpiece, and i know if Ubisoft puts as much work into online as offline they could make possible one of the greatest games ever.

This game has so much potential, so many options... i just don't know if Ubisoft is willing to listen to their fans or how much work they will put in to improve their game.

The single player is absolutely amazing, which is why i am screaming for them to do the same with multiplayer... because i know they are capable.

If we want to start imagining cool additions to free rome (which doesn't even exist yet), the possibilites are endless! It comes down to the question of what Ubisoft is willing to put in.

We could have clans, each a different Brotherhood with customizable colors and designs to set clans appearances apart from others.

A bounty type system where the person with the highest amount of kills, or highest current killstreak, will be have a "hit" put on them for the other players to execute.
    Maybe the game chooses at random a specific way you have to execute your target, maybe with a certain weapon or a specific mean of execution.

There could be horse races possibly...
    I'm just going off the top of my head, but all these things are possible and if Ubisoft actually put work into it, this game would to simply put it pwn.

Maybe there are co-op side missions in which a player can invite another play to join him, that player can reject or accept the invite.

There could possibly be some way we could tie the Borgia soldiers into free rome. Which would be cool because constantly killing other players would eventually make you notorious... then even the AI soldiers would be after you.
    Its like having police on in GTA IV in a way.

It would also be cool if there were multiplayer modes oh, lets say for using Leonardo's tank? The death machine he built... could make intense tank battles.

I could honestly write a book on cool stuff that they could do, but creating a free rome option is step 1. So lets stick with that for now as until it happens, if it ever does, talking about stuff like this is irrelevant.
    Trust me, if they make a free rome i will make another topic about what they should add to free rome to improve it.

Exactly! There are many ideas that haven't even crossed my mind yet. Think of your own awesome ideas and post them here!
    Maybe if we get this topic to draw enough attention Ubisoft might acknowledge it.
    After all we are the reason they are here, we bought their game.
    We obviously can't tell them how to do their job but it would be respectful to acknowledge the voices of the people the fund them.
    I'm not saying Ubisoft doesn't listen to anyone, i don't know Ubisoft... I just have a bad experience with that thoughtful automated robot that emails you back... from other companies...

But i intend to do everything i can for free rome. As one person i cannot do much.
    The reason i'm doing this is because i have not played a decent game in a very long time.
    Think about it, this game is already made. The hard part is done. Making a free rome should be a piece of cake compared to the developing, programming, animating etc.

Its not logical to improve something that has yet to be created, so lets get the damn thing created!

As somebody in here said they have already made the map, now it just needs people.
    The manhunt and other gamemods are much more complicated with the compass and system design.
    It may not sound like much but its more than a free rome needs.
    Logically if they have done something hard, they can do something easier...
    If you can jump 2 feet, than you can jump 1 foot.
    Bad analogy but if they have done all this, make a free rome... its easier to make and its better.

Then add things to the free rome, and it will become one giant room of optional challenges and tasks, missions etc.

You can take part if you want, but you don't have to.

Ubisoft, listen to your fans... please... what we are asking you of is not unreasonable.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►