Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member

I just got a TIR4 this week. Unfortunately I have been busting my chops at work and I just got the chance to try it out tonight and I must say... it is a great improvement. TIR 4 is to TIR2 what TIR 1 & 2 were to the mouse pan.

I don't know how 3 was.. and I haven't even had the chance to try the pro clip.... I just used the hat reflector tigamabob that comes with 4... but the difference is .... very noticeable. The programming is easier... the panning is smoother... and the images are much clearer.. I cant explain it.. but it seems as if I loose less in the resolution with the 4 than I did with the 2... does that make sense? I didn't understand what they meant when they said that TIR 4 had better resolution.. but now I do. It is much more natural in feel than 2 was... and I am glad that I made the investment since I had to put off my 22" LCD..(I decided I wanted at least a 24 anyway.. so I am saving more bread... ) I get less jitter and I cant wait to try this out on something with 6DoF.

Bearcat99 check your PM's.

Thanks for the info BC.This should be the first upgrade I make for BoB.

I made the same upgrade, Bearcat, and yeah, I completely understand where you're coming from. Everything is smoother and more natural-feeling, and the new software is great. I especially like being able to shift my head (vice turning) and not have the TIR interpret it as a head turn. When KotS comes out (BoB? What's that? ) I'll be all set.

Hey Bearcat,
    Glad you're enjoying your TIR 4. I am also using the tripod thingy included in the box and it works perfectly. I can't see why I would get a trackclip.

Anyway the thing with resolution as far as I understand has to do with refreshrate in the TIR itself being increased over previous products and the scan resolution increased.

I find it hard to see why your in-game images would be crisper when using a TIR 4.
    It has no relation whatsoever with your videocard or monitor.

But correct me if I have misunderstood you.

Maybe it is because the image itself is more stable... less jitter in the TIR.... I got the track clip because it seemed like a good idea at the time... but the tripod works great. I probably wont even use the clip till I get something with 6DoF. I heard that the clip was more stable.

I was curious about this... i had TIR original and did not like it. Needless to say that my PC of that time couldnt handle vsync on. My wife wanted to get me something nice for fathers day... that just maybe it. Thanks for heads up BC

TIR will dramatically increase the immersion, and with a HOTAS it's really great.

Once you get used to it, it's almost impossible to go back. I'll find myself turning my head automatically to track something even though I don't have TrackIR on.

Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
    I'll find myself turning my head automatically to track something even though I don't have TrackIR on.
    me too!

I find myself doing that watching tracks... LOL..

Yeah Ivan... mind you TIR2 was great... but 4 is a no brainer.... it is that good and worth every penny. If you get just the unit that works well too.... I had the original as well and sent it back.... then @ a year later I got 2... but I had a hard timer with it so basically for a while just used it to scan the sky and my gauges... then I finally managed to get a decent profile.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►