This one mission is just screwing the whole game up for me. It's part of the Da Vinci Disappearance. You have to find the paintings, mark them, but remain undetected the entire time.

Well, I can find the one painting out on the 'lower levels'. But I can't mark it.

I swear it's impossible, I've done the same mission AT LEAST 10 tens (no joke, seriously about 10 times, I don't doubt even more). I have looked on Walkthroughs and much much more, but they don't help at all!

I have poisoned Guards to create distractions, but the ones guarding my paintings won't move.

I have thrown money on the ground, still the Guard won't move.

I have created NUMEROUS distractions, still the Guard doesn't move.

I need help, because this one mission is enough to just ruin the whole game.

GunnarGunderson's Avatar Senior Member
    have you tried poisoning the guards who are guarding the paintings?

Yeah I did that, didn't work though.

It turns out they decided to hide some Courtesans somewhere where the player might not even go. I found them accident and used them, it worked.

But thanks.

Courtesans, really? I just smoke bombed the place. While everyone around me was hacking their lungs out, I sauntered right up to the painting and marked it.

Smoke bombs ftw. :P

Bipolar Matt's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
    Courtesans, really? I just smoke bombed the place. While everyone around me was hacking their lungs out, I sauntered right up to the painting and marked it.
    Wish I'd thought of that. I kept trying to poison guards until it worked one time by chance. I'll know for my next playthrough. Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome! I'll have to replay and look for the courtesans; I had no idea they were there.

You can make your way out of the castle and freeroam through Rome. Incredible, I know. :P

HIBEE12's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
    This one mission is just screwing the whole game up for me. It's part of the Da Vinci Disappearance. You have to find the paintings, mark them, but remain undetected the entire time.

Well, I can find the one painting out on the 'lower levels'. But I can't mark it.

I swear it's impossible, I've done the same mission AT LEAST 10 tens (no joke, seriously about 10 times, I don't doubt even more). I have looked on Walkthroughs and much much more, but they don't help at all!

I have poisoned Guards to create distractions, but the ones guarding my paintings won't move.

I have thrown money on the ground, still the Guard won't move.

I have created NUMEROUS distractions, still the Guard doesn't move.

I need help, because this one mission is enough to just ruin the whole game.
    you could kill a gaurd on a roof and throw him down to attract attention or throw a smoke bomb