Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    I just saw this pic over at SimHQ.

Now, if anybody wants this plane in the sim more than me, you'd have a hard time proving it

The plane is also shown as a 3D model, but this is the pic I'm curious about. Yes, it looks like a screenshot...except for the props on the bomber (It's a Ki-21 I). This looks like a 'glamor' shot to me. Can anyone shed light on this? I know that nobody in the know will confirm or deny it's presnce in the update or in the upcoming Platinum DVD or anything else, I'm just interested in knowing if this is a straight, composite mock-up of a screenie, or if it's a screenshot that has been giving some artistic license.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    I just saw this pic over at SimHQ.

Now, if anybody wants this plane in the sim more than me, you'd have a hard time proving it

The plane is also shown as a 3D model, but this is the pic I'm curious about. Yes, it looks like a screenshot...except for the props on the bomber (It's a Ki-21 I). This looks like a 'glamor' shot to me. Can anyone shed light on this? I know that nobody in the know will confirm or deny it's presnce in the update or in the upcoming Platinum DVD or anything else, I'm just interested in knowing if this is a straight, composite mock-up of a screenie, or if it's a screenshot that has been giving some artistic license.

Oh man... as much as I want it to be real, my heart tells me 'comp'.

I'm with you chuck. the game needs IJA bombers; every pacific sim I've played (CFS3, 1942:PAW and now PF) seems to have the belief that the Betty was the only Japanese multi-engined bomber of WW2.

Its a bloody good photoshop tho... got me moist anyhoo!

Thats the ki-21 that SaQson (never can spell it) was working on ages ago. The original pic was posted earlier last year on Sukhoi iirc.
    This is a cut and paste of that dev shot I'm afraid.

On the bright side though, back when the Oleg Relief thing was going on I got a thankyou email from Oleg@1c. A couple of messages were exchanged and I mentioned really looking forward to the flyable Ki-27. I recieved another email saying "And the Ki-21 too : )"

Infer what you will

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    someones screenshot competition entry I'll wager.

dirty bastages that would post it on that forum in a way that would light a fire...not surprising though.

If only it were in line for an addon.

I can confirm that it's a fake... I made it. I wanted to see what the Ki-21 model might look like ingame and an AVG scenario seemed about right.

Good indicator... look at the prop. Most composite pictures created from WIP shots of models usually have a better looking prop rotation than the actual game can provide. For such a great game PF is not very good with the visuals when it comes to a spinning prop (just look at any plane with a 4 bladed prop... the P-47 and the B-29 look awful).

I'm with Chuck though... I'd like to see the Sally more than any other AI aircraft in the list we've seen.

Regards, Goshikisen.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    ermmm...yeah well I meant dirty bastages in the best posssible way ofcourse....

got'ny Ki-27s ?..

vocatx's Avatar Senior Member
    NICE SAVE, HEYWOOD!

Yeah, Chuck, that's one of the Japanese aircraft I'd just about give my left....erm, arm for. You can use other similar aircraft to fill in only for so long, then it just gets to be a pain. (Can anybody say Il-2T?)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:
    ermmm...yeah well I meant dirty bastages in the best posssible way ofcourse....

got'ny Ki-27s ?.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's one for heywooood:

Ki-27... I had made a Nate shot but the perspective of the screenshots that the modeller provided is so odd that the comp ended up looking terrible.

Most of the screenshots I make up are speculatory... I want to see what "announced" additions will look like ingame. The only license I take is with the prop... otherwise I try to make it look as "PF" as I can.

Regards, Goshikisen.

p.s. Chuck... up here in Canada we'd call it a "glamour" shot. You can't forget the "u"