I've been working with Oleg and Yuri to find a bug where, in Perfect mode, flying the F4U-1C/D and with Iwo Jima in sight, and mirror's on, the game would lockup while opening and closing the canopy frequently. But the Island needs to be in large view of your field of vision for the lockup to occur. If you wouldn't open or close the canopy, the GUI would lockup nonetheless.

Well anyway, for troubleshooting purposes, I enabled S3TC compression. I almost had to grab a tissue when I fired up the same mission after enabling S3TC. I gained about 15 to 20 FPS with S3TC compression enabled and in Perfect Mode. With mirror's off, it's about a 30 to 40 fps increase. Also, the Lockups are gone !!!!!!!!

Now I kept the same setting that IL2setup would yield, except to have S3TC enabled, you need to switch to custom settings. I also use Aniso, because it yields a much better picture. I do however change water to 0 and Forest to 1, because that too yields better frame rates anyway and to me, it looks the same and would rather have the extra FPS in Perfect Mode.

Let me also add, that if you change sound to 22hz, you will also get more fps and hardly notice the difference.

Best Regards and really hope this helps anyone.

I've been working with Oleg and Yuri to find a bug where, in Perfect mode, flying the F4U-1C/D and with Iwo Jima in sight, and mirror's on, the game would lockup while opening and closing the canopy frequently. But the Island needs to be in large view of your field of vision for the lockup to occur. If you wouldn't open or close the canopy, the GUI would lockup nonetheless.

Well anyway, for troubleshooting purposes, I enabled S3TC compression. I almost had to grab a tissue when I fired up the same mission after enabling S3TC. I gained about 15 to 20 FPS with S3TC compression enabled and in Perfect Mode. With mirror's off, it's about a 30 to 40 fps increase. Also, the Lockups are gone !!!!!!!!

Now I kept the same setting that IL2setup would yield, except to have S3TC enabled, you need to switch to custom settings. I also use Aniso, because it yields a much better picture. I do however change water to 0 and Forest to 1, because that too yields better frame rates anyway and to me, it looks the same and would rather have the extra FPS in Perfect Mode.

Let me also add, that if you change sound to 22hz, you will also get more fps and hardly notice the difference.

Best Regards and really hope this helps anyone.

Bravo!
    edit: Oh well, not so bravo to me, I just tried my 4200 with 66.93's (wich had always ran with s3tc) and it still does it, and again, when it doesn't the refly screen will be messed up as I explained ITT .
    If it helps, I had it using both a 5900 and a ti4200 with 56.72/61.77/62.82/66.82/66.93.
    I'll test the 5900 with s3tc on, I'll post back in a minute or so. Unfortunately, still, s3tc degrades textures a lot.

Kasdeya's Avatar Senior Member
    I am gonna try this out. Yay I hope it works for me...

Will let you know, thanks for posting Beolke.

As Cartman would say, SWEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!

And I did have to grab a tissue, cause my eyes clouded over, lolololol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kasdeya:
    I am gonna try this out. Yay I hope it works for me...

Will let you know, thanks for posting Beolke. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are very welcome. Just post if you need help. I can even email you a copy of my conf.ini if you like. Keep in mind though, that I have an X800xt using the 4.11 cats with the old exe, The new exe causes loss of textures with the 4.11's.

TAGERT.'s Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG51Beolke:

Best Regards and really hope this helps anyone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I use to use custom.. but now with the 6800GT listed as one of the selections I use that.. Becuse I read somewhere that they recomended doing so.. But, via the config file, what variable ctrls the S3TC thing? I want to see if the selection of the 6800GT enables that

Ok with that said could someone please tell me what all the other options in the custom setup window are fer?? What exactly do they do?

Thank you!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TAGERT.:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG51Beolke:

Best Regards and really hope this helps anyone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I use to use custom.. but now with the 6800GT listed as one of the selections I use that.. Becuse I read somewhere that they recomended doing so.. But, via the config file, what variable ctrls the S3TC thing? I want to see if the selection of the 6800GT enables that <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting enough, If you goto Custom after applying the settings specific to your card, you will see the settings that were being used. Apply what ever changes to that.

Like when I apply the specific setup for the X800, then Apply, then go back in and select Custom, I will see the settings IL2Setup was using for my specific card. I make my changes to that.

Kasdeya's Avatar Senior Member
    It did give me about maybe five more frames. ah well, excellent still runs slower than perfect, by about 8 frames. I will play with it a lil more. gotta run turkey day and all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►