So like everyonme here, I was around during the last big Apocalypse event. Remeber Y2K? The 'ERnd of Days'? Still waiting on that Antichrist... but then that was supposed to happen only 2000 years ago...

Anywho, I don't really see the fuss over 2012. If the Mayans didn't believe in it, I don't see why people today would. Was there an Einstein amonmgst their stone temples? Alien prophets? TEMPLARS?!

Point is, if this ganme came out ten years ago, the story would probably be revolving around the catyclysm of 1999. Just tossing that point out there. I love the series (Except Chronicles) I just wanted to remind folks not to get wound up over a calendar.

Of course, I could be wrong. Dun-dun-DUN!!

There's alot of people nowadays who will believe anything. I don't believe anything will happen in 2012 and i don't really see why anyone should worry because it's not likely to happen and even if it did, what could anyone do about it ?
    Anywho i think they used 2012 because it makes an interesting story

also the 2000 problem was all thought to be down to computers failing but as was predictable the software firms fixed the problem long before the computers had a problem going to 00 for the year.

the 2012 thing is at least meant to be something out of our control making it more interesting than "OMG! the computers will kill us all"

It's that or meteors AGAIN!
    People have an obsession with them it's insane.

Tetsou88's Avatar Member
    Nothing will happen in 2012 just because they made a movie about it.

Tetsou the theory doesn't come from the film, the film comes from the theory

as far as what 2012 showed the poles are meant to change relatively soon (well a couple of thousand years) this theory has been held for years even before they stared on the 2012 stuff.

I survived so many ends of the world that this one doesn't bother me at all.

Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
    Tetsou the theory doesn't come from the film, the film comes from the theory

as far as what 2012 showed the poles are meant to change relatively soon (well a couple of thousand years) this theory has been held for years even before they stared on the 2012 stuff.
    I think he meant that the universe saw that we made the film and thought "oh, well our 2012 idea isn't cool anymore. screw dat sheet"

well actually scientists "predict" in 2012 there will be some solar flares that can harm the earth, but if that even does happen we will probably only lose radio for a little while

Edengoth's Avatar Senior Member
    If you hadn't noticed, this series is DRENCHED in various conspiracy theories. It's basically got everything but the Reptili-oh, wait...Desmond mentioned that one. The 2012 thing is among many eye-rollable ideas that were included in this game.