Which is more important to you, lots of eye candy or accurate f.m.'s? Which would you be willing to trade off more?

I think I´ll take accurate FM,cause I haven´t learn to eat with my eyes yet

space_bandit's Avatar Member
    Flight models are most important for me.

I would be happy with IL2's looks but with better flight and damage models and the ability to handle large formations.

I think we have been spoilt by the current array of planes, If they take ten times longer to model then I for see getting 1/10th of what we got with IL2.

waffen-79's Avatar Senior Member
    A good balance is needed

Industry tends to favor Eye-Candy, and there's always someone bi0tching about how he feel it's favorite 'mustang',er... I mean 'ride', should perform better

why can't we have both?

Accurate FM's with ****ty graphics means little immersion to me = i get bored fast

Arcadey FM's with awesome graphics = easy to play game, i get bored bast

Accurate FM's + Eye Candy = teh win.

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Eye Candy every time.

I care about Flight Models as much as I care about filing accurate tax returns.

If I have to choose (and on my pc I do) I'll take FM and smooth frame rates every time. But if some folks have got uber rigs and can run the candy then they should also be catered for. I think IL2 strikes a good balance and I'm sure BoB will too.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by AFJ_rsm:
    why can't we have both?

Accurate FM's with ****ty graphics means little immersion to me = i get bored fast

Arcadey FM's with awesome graphics = easy to play game, i get bored bast

Accurate FM's + Eye Candy = teh win.

Balance of the two for me.

I get the impression that is what Oleg had gone for. That and how could one model over 200 different aircraft accurately? One would need a server farm to enjoy highly accurate FM for the virtual air force as well as highly detailed graphics. Just look at games like Cyrsis and its physics modeling. I know a guy in the industry who claims that they tested THAT game on an industrial system with 18 video cards running in series.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►