🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    Here is my issue: Instrument latency. I have the audio in perfect time with the visuals, no latency from the game audio at all. I can score nearly 100% on iron maiden songs, it all works BUT the bass or guitar latency is REALLY noticeable. I can deal with it, but it is annoying as I am playing in perfect time, scoring perfectly, but my instrument sound is clashing with the audio as it's all a little late. Like I said it is ONLY the instrument that is lagging, not thew game audio, so it is nothing to do with my audio setup, it';s how fast the system is processing the signal. Do I need a new real-tone cable? Or should I use one of the rear USB inputs instead of the one on the side? Any ideas? I reiterate, the game audio is perfectly synced with my TV and I can score nearly 100% on songs I should be able to. It just sounds messy as every note from my guitar comes out the system a little late, despite my playing being on the beat. Anyone else got this?

Originally Posted by LP68CA Go to original post
    Nobody wants to think of their new receiver as a lag-machine, but the fact is Digital to Analog conversion takes time. You won't be able to use either HDMI -OR- OPTICAL and avoid the conversion delay. It's an empirical fact.

Do yourself a favor, try connecting with HDMI or optical cable if you wish, but compare the delay you get with those with analog cables. If you have your stereo configured with hints from this guide, analog is going to significantly outperform your digital/optical connections.

Keep in mind too, that Rocksmith is a STEREO game. It doesn't do 5.1 surround. Do you really need anything more than your red & whites? I'm a little bit of an audiophile, and I promise you, sound is not compromised much by using the RCA's. Be picky about your sound quality when you're listening to music, not so much when you're playing it.

As for the later post about Rockband/Guitar Hero, you don't notice audio lag as much in those games because RB/GH controllers are digital. The audio lag still exists, but because there is no input lag when using digital RB/GH controllers, you barely notice it. Also, you can't translate the clicks of a plastic controller to the notes being played as easily as you could with a real guitar and its echoed strums.

With Rocksmith's cable there is some input delay, but like I said, it is minimal...that means there's just no margin of error for delay from your home audio system: it must be configured optimally.

I just can't be more firm on this: use analog connections!
    Sorry to bother you after your very old post, so your suggestion is to use Rocksmith 2014 with the original RCA Xbox cable that comes with the Xbox 360? and thats it?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Yep, that is surest way be sure there won't be lag.

The optical cable seems to work well too.

The HDMI is most likely to have lag.

Really nice post. I never had a lag issue, but a issue of missed notes over and over. I solved this with a A/Y splitter pedal. it seems i just wasn't getting a signal strong enough for the game to receive off of a old guitar. i have a new guitar now and it works fine without it.

audio

is there fix for this at ready in 2017 and is it easy to fix latency on Xbox one and i do have a audio converter and speaker and optical on Xbox one and there the stereo uncompressed
     1 people found this helpful

Horsehockey!

I'm directly connected from my Fender Strat to the XBOX ONE with your supplied cable and I'm getting latency over at least one second. It's BAD.

FIX IT!
     1 people found this helpful

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Originally Posted by mghtyred01 Go to original post
    Horsehockey!

I'm directly connected from my Fender Strat to the XBOX ONE with your supplied cable and I'm getting latency over at least one second. It's BAD.

FIX IT!
    What is your audio-out setup from your Xbox One? HDMI or optical? Is audio going directly to your TV or to a stereo?

PS4 Rocksmith Optical output only

I'm using optical out to my stereo as there is no analogue out on PS4. Major lag. At least 250ms. Unacceptable. I suppose I could buy it for my PC which has a proper audio interface with <30ms latency. But, I already bought it for my PS4 and I don't want to buy it again. And, I don't want to be using my studio PC to play games.

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    hueseph1, is your stereo running any digital processing? Are the speakers wireless?

External Stereo Tube Amp Just for RockSmith

For those that are Familiar with Guitar Tube Amps and want to have some real Fun Combining Software with the warm sound of Tubes
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Pla...cuum-Tube-Amp/