Feynir's Avatar Junior Member
    Social stealth was sopposed to be a main aspect of the game, even the manual states suspicious soldiers will turn to informed soldiers after giving 1 warning. However this is not the case.
    I can create a commotion infront of multiple guards, like punching, throwing, knocking into people around, and the guards will give their warnings but will do nothing further. They do not become informed and basically really don't do anything as long as you don't involve guards in your commotion.

What gives? I thought creating a commotion was sopposed to alert guards and that's where the social stealth comes in.

That is not entirely true in my opinion. If I pickpocket a thug, who starts fighting me or throw some filthy beggar away and a guards see this, they will fight me.

Really?

The opposite is true for me...

If there is (for example) a group of guards blocking a path in a city, and I keep trying to push past them, after only a few goes one yells, "ASSASSIN!"...

oh, they do, trust me. try throwing a citizen into a merchant stand or the scaffolding, lol, see what happens

You can fist fight without causing any problems. However if I push people around or into other merchant stands then things get messy.

I meant besides those that actually do work.

The ones i mentioned like knocking into people carrying stuff, or throwing them to the ground, as long as you don't kill anyone infront of the guards. Like free climbing infront of guards also doesn't make them go into informed status. Sorta defeats the purpose of going to a secluded place to climb so you won't attract people's attention.

Originally posted by Feynir:
    Like free climbing infront of guards also doesn't make them go into informed status. Sorta defeats the purpose of going to a secluded place to climb so you won't attract people's attention.
    I also wonderd that dose anyone know the answer to this? Because when i saw the video of jade saying "Oh he has to go down this alley so none see's him climb up" I then play and it dosent appear to matter AT ALL. The most i have ever had is "Oh my get down from there" or somthing along those lines and thats it.

I find this game better played if you create your own terms of gameplay, like only climb when there's no guards watching or assassinate the dudes who are giving speeches to a crowd, there should have been more things like that.

but yeah, assassins creed 2 will kick so much ***, it's crazy.

Exactly my point. You can basically do anything as long as you don't get anyone killed or don't get caught stealing. The suspicious guards who should turn informed after giving 1 warning, never do. They just stand there giving warnings after warnings but never turn informed. Really game breaking. If ubisoft releases a patch for the freezing on ps3 I hope they patch the guards to actually turn informed after 1 warning like the manual so says.

Originally posted by TheBlackPope:
    I find this game better played if you create your own terms of gameplay, like only climb when there's no guards watching or assassinate the dudes who are giving speeches to a crowd, there should have been more things like that.

but yeah, assassins creed 2 will kick so much ***, it's crazy.
    Yah but I would actually prefer it to be working ingame, so when say a patrolling guard actually spots me he goes on alert and a chase begins.

Being careful while walking around people carrying stuff is pretty much useless since guards don't care when you make them break their stuff. Even if you made your own rule to walk in the crowd, if you accidentally bump into someone carrying stuff and they break it, nothing happens.