I found the solution on the IC company official website,originally posted by Codex. many thanks. and it works.
    It is most likely a securom issue. Try the following.

Go here: https://support.securom.com/analysis.php

Download the SecuROM diag tool and run a scan. Just get it to update the nessesary files and it should then run.

So when you ran this Securom Diagnostic tool it updated the securom to a 64 bit windows 7 compatible version?

hi urufu, yes it must have done beause both me and my friend have it running fine with patched up to 4.09,in fact it was easy and smooth to do the software from secrum did it all
    sssssnake

For me, on step 2, it said the log file was corrupt, and couldn't update.

On the fourth try, it worked. So don't give up.

Last night I upgraded from Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit without doing a totally new OS install, just the upgrade where you keep all your files. After Windows 7 installed I was able to play Il-2 with zero problems so this Securom fix is probably only needed if you are installing the game for the first time.

I know it's probably obvious but I thought I would post this here since people might have a question about this in the months and maybe even years to come.

This did absolutly nothing!!

you then have to carry on with the program and it will then sort it, you dont wait for them to email you its all ther on the download

Also I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (which cleared up the poor gaming performance I was getting from the upgrade install) and I totally reinstalled Il-2 1946 and didn't have any issue installing at all.

I found the solution on the IC company official website,originally posted by Codex. many thanks. and it works.
    It is most likely a securom issue. Try the following.

Go here: https://support.securom.com/analysis.php

Download the SecuROM diag tool and run a scan. Just get it to update the nessesary files and it should then run.
    ++++++THIS WORKED FOR ME+++++++

thanks however posted it

Hey, thanks for this, just installed 1946 on Windows 7-64, also couldn't get it to play, but this Securom update did the trick

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►