Thanks for the advice. I'm pleased to report that the intallation was succcessful.
    Basically I've upgraded from a system based around AMD 2core/GTX260 W7 32 to I7/ATI 5970 W7 64. All stuttering now seems to have been eliminated even at 1900x1200. I wonder how it will cope with BoB when it comes out.

Originally posted by arturojavier:
    Here what I did to get it to work

Create a folder called c;/games/il2 1946

Than insert the disc and open the files on the disk you will than see a little blue box that is called a;something click on that the wizaed will start and than it will default to the old xp path . YOU do Not want that path Instead . click browse . than it will bring up a path in whch you created c;/games/il2 1946 click on that than it should install .

hope this helps ?
    Thanks, mate. That worked perfectly for me after I tried all the other ideas and got nowhere.

download 1l-2 sturmovik 1946 no problem.
    select to play request cd code I dont have ?
    where can I find it ?

Originally posted by vjstannett398:
    download 1l-2 sturmovik 1946 no problem.
    select to play request cd code I dont have ?
    where can I find it ?
    Um, 1946 has no CD code....

Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
    Also I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (which cleared up the poor gaming performance I was getting from the upgrade install) and I totally reinstalled Il-2 1946 and didn't have any issue installing at all.
    Hello, your postings reflect my current problem, so I'm hoping you can give me some pointers. I also had IL-2 1946 installed and running with Vista, then upgraded to Win 7. I have noticed that the fighters I normally fight with seem to lack the performance I was accustomed to, roughly 5 - 10% power loss it seems. I am not able to fly as robustly, especially the very fun canopy to canopy roll unders/overs that I flew before Win 7. Is this the "poor gamining performance" you referred to? If anyone else can offer solutions, of verify a complete Win 7 install is required, please respond as well. I have not upgraded to the 4.08 - 4.10 yet, and was just ready to do so when I saw this posting. Please advise, thanks much.

Ron

Originally posted by pugo3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
    Also I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (which cleared up the poor gaming performance I was getting from the upgrade install) and I totally reinstalled Il-2 1946 and didn't have any issue installing at all.
    Hello, your postings reflect my current problem, so I'm hoping you can give me some pointers. I also had IL-2 1946 installed and running with Vista, then upgraded to Win 7. I have noticed that the fighters I normally fight with seem to lack the performance I was accustomed to, roughly 5 - 10% power loss it seems. I am not able to fly as robustly, especially the very fun canopy to canopy roll unders/overs that I flew before Win 7. Is this the "poor gamining performance" you referred to? If anyone else can offer solutions, of verify a complete Win 7 install is required, please respond as well. I have not upgraded to the 4.08 - 4.10 yet, and was just ready to do so when I saw this posting. Please advise, thanks much.

Ron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for taking so long, didn't notice this up top there. I don't see how and upgrade install of win7 over vista could change flight performance but anything is possible in windows, lol. It may be more that there is a delay or other issue with control input or something that is causing your flying to be not as smooth as before, perhaps not enough to notice, but enough to reduce performance. Either way, I would indeed recommend a full clean install of windows 7, the upgrade really is a cobbled together mess with a ton of leftover garbage.

Again, sorry if this is too late...

Same thing, new 64 bit windows 7, except I cannot get any of the IL2 games to even start installation from the CD, the best I get is a little box asking what language then nothing happens?

Will this latest version, "Cliffs of Dover" run and is it stand alone?

Cheers

Originally posted by Nambo1:
    Same thing, new 64 bit windows 7, except I cannot get any of the IL2 games to even start installation from the CD, the best I get is a little box asking what language then nothing happens?

Will this latest version, "Cliffs of Dover" run and is it stand alone?

Cheers
    To install Il2 you need to right-click on the DVD drive in Computer, then choose Explore. In there you will see an installer icon that's called A or A.exe, run that to install the game.

Cliffs of Dover is stand alone and is a completely new game from the ground up, it should be the beginning of a new series of il2 games. It still has a few bugs to be worked out and needs a pretty powerful PC to turn up the graphics, but I love it and it's getting better with each patch.

Post Can not get ultimate collection to download

Anyone out there that can help? I have the Ultimate collection; Il2, Pacific fighters, and Lock on. I can load the game on my computer at work (which is not made for gaming, and I'm not suppose to play games at work) but I needed to know that it works. With that said I recently bought a new computer at home just for gaming. It is an Acer and contains windows 7, Intel Core i3, intel hd graphics, 6GB DDR3, 1TB, DVD super-multi. I also went and upgraded the video card to a NVIDIA GE Force GTX460 SE and a Ultra LSX 650 Power Supply. More meat and potatoes for what I need to run this game. Currently I can run all M.S. flight sims, flight deck, battlefield, mig alley, pacific storm, and medal of honor. However I can not even get Pacific fighters to load! I currently have tons of space on the computer.........

Is there a patch or something else I can do to enjoy this game at home?

Thanks

harsy

I downloaded from this site..... but I don't see where you can just run a scan?

Go here: https://support.securom.com/analysis.php
    Download the SecuROM diag tool and run a scan. Just get it to update the nessesary files and it should then run.

Can someone please give specific/detailed directions on how to use Secrom.