jessi1's Avatar Banned
    Well ive been flyin the 190s for about close to 3 years since the demo days and also the 109s, but recently i went back to flyin my favorite 109 the g10 and have done well online at warclouds but i really want to try out the g6as as best i can, does anyone fly this bird on a regular basis and have some tips or advice(engine management,prop pitch,radiator, trim etc etc)that they can share, im sure its the same as the g10 but i like to hear others advice to learn all i can, been thinkin about using those 20mm nose cannons and was wondering about convergence for them,also how long it takes to h=overheat and tips to cool it rapidly, basically throw all your advice at me and i will figure out how to use it all, i fly on warclouds as blackpulpit and most recently joined the DEY squad and im now DEY_black_RCT looking forward to seeing you all there. Thanks in advance. pros and cons of the g6as please thanks

G10 is tiny bit faster up high.. GAS is tiny down low.. both turn the same. so take your pick I like the G 10 becuase at like 6000 meters to 7000 meters. the 109 handles better than down lower

yup im with the G10, doent fight mucth below 6000m anyway

Monson74's Avatar Senior Member
    Well - the reason why I prefer the AS over other Bfs is because of the default 20mm in the nose. You prolly know all this but you can make some incredible deflecting shots with that cannon because of the position of the gunsight. It takes some time to get used to it & if you've flown the FWs a lot you'll need to get used to taking these chances that you just can't do with the FWs. Unless you add wing cannons you shouldn't worry much about convergence - I have mine at 250 & it seems to work. Speed is important - you should be able to turn with the most enemies at 300-400 km/h but the elevators get heavy at 500+ km/h. I don't use manual pitch or trim - not much gained for the effort I think. I fly with the radiators open all the time except when cruising. I never use the boost. Remember that the Bfs roll very well - also at lower speeds - so in many situations you can use your FW tricks if you get in trouble. Good luck!

For the MG151/20 -- I'm waiting with these untill patch is released, I'm hoping it will be fixed.
    The way things are now, I do not see one reason why I should use MG151/20 over MK108. MK108 is simply better weapon basically one-two shot / kill weapon.
    And I can use it in all purposes -- from bomber hunting to dogfight and ground targets.
    The drawback is low Muzzle velocity -- only 505 m/s, MK103 have 920 m/s, MG151/20 have 800 m/s. So in that regard both MK103 & MG151/20 are better than MK108.
    Anyhow MK108 usage is simple, and that is the biggest advantage of that cannon.(that mainly due to high RPM rate -- 600RPM).
    Of all Bf109s my main ride is/was G10.(I'm also attracted to G14 ).

BTW I have my nose cannon conv.rate set to 500m.(MG's vary; somewhat shorter range).

Monson74's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
    For the MG151/20 -- I'm waiting with these untill patch is released, I'm hoping it will be fixed.
    The way things are now, I do not see one reason why I should use MG151/20 over MK108. MK108 is simply better weapon basically one-two shot / kill weapon.
    And I can use it in all purposes -- from bomber hunting to dogfight and ground targets.
    The drawback is low Muzzle velocity -- only 505 m/s, MK103 have 920 m/s, MG151/20 have 800 m/s. So in that regard both MK103 & MG151/20 are better than MK108.
    Anyhow MK108 usage is simple, and that is the biggest advantage of that cannon.(that mainly due to high RPM rate -- 600RPM).
    Of all Bf109s my main ride is/was G10.(I'm also attracted to G14 ).

BTW I have my nose cannon conv.rate set to 500m.(MG's vary; somewhat shorter range).
    I guess it's all a matter of taste - I prefer the 20mm because of the ROF, muzzle velocity & precision - besides I often don't see the much claimed one-shot-one-kill effect of the 108.