Nubarus's Avatar Senior Member
    This was also a bug in FB some time ago.

Constant speed prop planes are very very hard to slow down when landing.

It's pretty amazing that this old bug wasn't cought by the beta testers since it's presence is well, pretty much slapping you in your face.

Even with the canopy open, radiators open, flaps in landing position, gear and hook down and prop pitch to 0% they actually gain speed with the slightest nose down position.

This was highly anoying when landing on an air strip so imagine this when you try and land on a carrier.

This bug was pointed out before and it was fixed in a patch so why the hell is it back in again?

This was also a bug in FB some time ago.

Constant speed prop planes are very very hard to slow down when landing.

It's pretty amazing that this old bug wasn't cought by the beta testers since it's presence is well, pretty much slapping you in your face.

Even with the canopy open, radiators open, flaps in landing position, gear and hook down and prop pitch to 0% they actually gain speed with the slightest nose down position.

This was highly anoying when landing on an air strip so imagine this when you try and land on a carrier.

This bug was pointed out before and it was fixed in a patch so why the hell is it back in again?

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    This "bug" has never gone away. Sad to hear it is still alive in PF.

Not to split hairs but 0% prop pitch is the last thing you want when in the landing patern and/or trying to slow down. Normal procedure for landing in planes with CSP is high RPM but not max. Something on the order of 90-95%. This is in case the pilot had to abort & go around. Too sudden or too overzelous application of throttle could cause over rev.

Yes I think it's been agreed that the planes don't slow down enough at low throttle & high PPM but it's a limitation of the game/physics engine. I don't think it has been or ever was fixed.

Cheers.....Smokin256

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    Well, so you know you have to bleed off some speed a little earlier than you'd feel comfortable with... so what? lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Future-:
    Well, so you know you have to bleed off some speed a little earlier than you'd feel comfortable with... so what? lol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have no idea what you are talking about Future it's best to don't say anything at all.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    I fly the P-47 quite a bit, and as long as I approach at something resembling RL speeds and glide slope angles, slowing down is not a problem, even when descending. I don't think some of you know how a CSP operates. It is not an airbrake. I work on T-56 turboprops installed on the C-130. The engine should always drive the prop. When the prop drives the engine, bad things start to happan. If you have no idea what you're talking about Nubarus, it's best...... well, you know the rest.

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    @ Nubarus: Oh, forgive me, your highness, for posting my opinion!

And I DO know what I'm talking about, I noticed too that some planes don't bleed off speed that fast.

But I ask again, so what? Are you too stupid or too stuborn to compensate that by factoring it in?

S!

Well Cajun, then please explain to me how a plane can gain speed with engine set to 0% input, flaps fully deployed, canopy open, radiator fully open and gear and hook down with a slight nose down position.

You, like some others here stare yourself blind on just the CSP thing and forget about all else that is said.

Maybe you guys should actually read what is posted, then understand what is written down before hitting the reply button.

Besides, I didn't talk about the P47 since it cannot land on a carrier and I haven't flown it in PF yet.
    Like I said before, I didn't have this problem in EAP.

So please read the whole post next time before hitting the reply button.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►