it plays the video and then it goes to the loading screen when the red bar goes full, windows message pops up and tells me that Sh3 is not working any more.

Its on a windows 7 OS my system is a Phenom 2 3 core 2400, 6g ram, ATI Radeon HD 4600 w\ 1g of ddr 3 on board ram,

I used to play this game all the time on my xp machine, so i hope its a quick fix problem

Yooperbacker's Avatar Moderator
    Hello spaced monkey,

A thread with a similar problem like yours is here.
    Scroll down a bit and see if this is the same thing.

mine wasn't a game error message but a windows 7 message telling me that SH3 has stopped working altogether, if i just wait 10 seconds it closes it down to the desk top

now if i play v 1.0 it doesn't crash after the loading screen, but v1.0 sucks big wind and i will not play it.

Originally posted by spaced_monkey:
    now if i play v 1.0 it doesn't crash after the loading screen, but v1.0 sucks big wind and i will not play it.
    i seem to be getting a very simular problem to you monkey! Can you explain what you mean by playing V1.0 though? right now i would be happy to be playing anything!

Is there a recommended site to download Directx 9.0c?

Is there a recommended site to download Directx 9.0c?
    Sorry, wrong thread.

I am having the same problem. The game wouldn't launch at all then I set my resolution lower and it did. Then when it launched it played the video and the showed the loading screen and when the red bar filled up it crashed.

Rename the folder the two videos are in (Intro is the default name of the folder). The game start-up code will ignore the fact it can't find the videos and then the game itself should start fine. Worked for me years ago on both SH3 & SH4 (on XP, though). Both games had worked fine for weeks until that problem cropped up. However, I just reinstalled SH3 on my new SSD drive and the problem occurred the very first time I attempted to play the game. (Load times sure are great, though, and my! the game sure is ugly compared to SH4!!) The above is, hopefully, an easy cure for you guys. After the fix, my path and name is: O:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Movies\Dont Play Intro

yea i tried this and the bar still fills and does not launch game nice trick though on how to stop the intro