I read a long time ago that you can add a value in the config file to add blood etc. to the game.
    I put in
    HighGore=1
    like I seem to remember being told but it didn't do anything.
    I want to see some dead gunners and stuff.
    Is this possible.

depends on aircraft type, what are you trying it with?

I believe it only works for about 3 aircraft, and the feature may have been disabled altogether in one of the patches.

Look at the configuration file marked 'conf' in the main game folder and change High Gore from '0' to '1' (I think).
    It can be found under the heading 'Game'.
    I don't know if it makes a difference at all though.

I think occasionally you will see dead crew members in the Heinkel 111,but I dont know about the others.

It really isn`t worth bothering with, I`m afraid.

Original IL2 feature, not available since forgotten battles stuff i'm afraid. originally it was only available with the F4 and the HE111 i think, (maybe a few more) and the legacy of that is the virtually unique feature of the crew of the HE111 slumping over when dead, (think i've seen it with with the PO-2/U2 rear gunner too)

Skycat_2's Avatar Senior Member
    Blood only showed in external views. It appeared in original "IL-2 Sturmovik" on the Bf-109F's cockpit glass and in the nose section of the He-111. In addition some crew members would slump over in the old He-111. Finally the gunners in the MBR floatplane would slump over in a gorey pool of blood ... but how many times do you encounter the floatplane in a mission? Those were the only planes I know where the feature ever even existed.

Screenshots of IL-2 blood can be seen here.

When FB was released the blood feature was absent with the 109F and He-111, most probably because the 3D models and pilot figures had been reworked.