I am not a game producer just a fan, but i feel like this could be useful feedback for Ubisoft developers of AC

I have played every game in the series, and have loved each one as much as the last. Each time they release a new one i feel as though they have read my mind and made all the corrections i thought would be awesome and more. I have never made suggestions but i hope they take these in to consideration.

First however i would like to say i love the hook-blade, it was hyped for months and lived up to expectations in my opinion. I could go on about the great new things but here are a few of my thoughts.

1.Get rid of guards like the Janissaries
    The swift battle in Brotherhood was outstanding. Kill combos were achieved every time i faced guards. However, that gets disrupted now by Ezio being shot every two seconds, he can't counter guards with spears using his double blades, and knives get thrown at him now too. I can understand how his reduced speed in battle can refelect his age, but for this next game let this guy tear large groups to the ground.

2.While the slow motion camera is cool, it seems to cause the game to lag. It is kind of like when you kill three civilians and the third kill's visual doesnt match the sound of your hammer colliding with their skull. Perhaps the action camera angles during a counter attack could pan out instead of zooming in.

3.Weapons: Let players have the ability to dual wield a variety of different weapons. Two knives, two swords, a knife and a sword, or even a double blade and a sword.

4.Please allow the player to completely take off the armor they own. Your design teams create the best outfits of any game, but my chest piece gets in my way of fully enjoying them. i want to be able to see it even after i have completed the game.

5. In ACIII, i am under the impression that you will be introducing a new ancestor, if so who ever it will be does not necessarily have to be after Ezio's time. My brother actually had the best suggestion for the next character. He said that Cairo, Egypt would be a great location. I concur, the pyramids of Giza are just outside of the city, and something tells me the actual mystery surrounding them would serve Ubisoft's story line pretty well.

6.The next ancestor no matter what has some shoes to fill. He will have to remind fans what it means to be a young assassin on a mission. Let him dual wield, let him discover "the truth". Let him discover another artifact. Make him strong like a brute, but let him do flips on and around people like that girl from "Iron Man 2". Whatever is done in the end, just please make him crazy awesome.

Oh and let me taunt people again... it was fun.
    You could use my right bumper on my controller for that... i dont think that is used up

DavisP92's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd like the new assassin to start of as the lowest rank and work his way up. So maybe not be a brute but a weakling that trained to be the best

definately, i doubt that fans would appreciate a new ancestor that just walks in and says he is the best

xx-pyro's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Q-BALL123:
    definately, i doubt that fans would appreciate a new ancestor that just walks in and says he is the best
    Fans loved Altair, and he did just that..

Agree with some stuff, but point #1 is quite ridiculous really, Janissaries add the slight combat challenge that AC needed to balance it's combat system a bit more efficiently, removing them would be silly.

Originally posted by xx-pyro:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Q-BALL123:

Agree with some stuff, but point #1 is quite ridiculous really, Janissaries add the slight combat challenge that AC needed to balance it's combat system a bit more efficiently, removing them would be silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats cuz altair was the first we didn't experience anyone else. And i don't think a lot of ppl liked the a**hole Altair but when he became a honorable and modest assassin

xx-pyro's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Pdavis3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Q-BALL123:

Agree with some stuff, but point #1 is quite ridiculous really, Janissaries add the slight combat challenge that AC needed to balance it's combat system a bit more efficiently, removing them would be silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats cuz altair was the first we didn't experience anyone else. And i don't think a lot of ppl liked the a**hole Altair but when he became a honorable and modest assassin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because a character is first it does not make people like him/her more. I personally liked Ezio more because he felt more alive, but a lot of people liked Altair more than Ezio for perfectly justifiable reasons- not just because he "was first." I'd like the next assassin to be a master assassin so I can use the recruit system that I've grown quite fond of.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member

Because people's skill levels & preferences vary so much, my strongest opinion is that AC needs a choice of Difficulty -
    Easy
    Normal
    Mission Impossible
    That will appease all the fans (unless they screw the level scale up).

I LOVE the addition of Hookblade & Bombs - bombs just need to be tweaked. We really only need 3 or 4 types of bombs. (splinter & datura, then a smoke, then a cherry bomb)

I really did need the smoke bomb from ACB when you need to drop it right where you're at . . this system made that harder - it didn't always drop there, it went out too far when I tapped the button.

Always keep Assasssin Recruiting and Keep the Master Assassin & Den theme.
    I'd love even more missions w/ the MA's & I'd love even more if their leveling up missions directly affected the story you're in as to enemy damage or concentration. But that could actually be way too detailed to do & affect difficulty.
    However they can do it, I do enjoy some relevance to my game with the missions they're sent on.

Den defense is a good concept (a realistic one) that needs a major overhaul if they're going to keep it at all. Most of us have problems with it.

As for the Protagonist, I'll say it anyway even tho I'm sure I'll get some flack for it.
    I want a strong, hot, sexy male (who the guys won't hate on) who isn't too mission minded to notice the Ladies.
    Rated R is acceptable.
    Just don't make a love interest TOO much of the story.

I love a love interest mingled in & the whole Chivalry thing... protecting her, etc. etc.
    No doubt it's part of why I so strongly bonded w/ Ezio, the original Ladies Man.
    We don't need Ezio II, but this type of secondary story/interest is something I very seriously want going on in AC3 and beyond.

I also like a good free for all/mass carnage fight for the FPS in me. We do so much stealth, tailing, escaping, hiding & don't kill anyone syncs, that I really want a serious battle somewhere with lots of guards - doing long kill streaks.

This is just me, but I'm an animal lover, I like to have horses, camels, monkeys, whatever. Not real important tho.

I also love Strategy - I'd love some strategy intertwined into this somehow . . like deciding where to send however many assassins to do something in town, and our decision might have a consequence?

Or the strategy could be linked w/ rebuilding the town, or . . maybe something w/ gaining weapons for our Assassins, but I think rebuilding our Dens into kool pads for the Assassins could be kool - & the more we upgrade, the more prominent/accepted we become in a city? The more people start disliking the Templars and complaining at them (which some were doing in ACB). Something with relevance to the Civilians?
    Maybe they don't turn us in or help hide us? Or they give us information? Whatever.

I'd like to be able to hide in a local Den if we're in an escape sequence - run into a den to hide?

Broken Monetary System - I take my time in my games, by the time I'm done w/ AC, I have some 500k that I have nothing to spend it on.

Gold Chests around Town - this ties in w/ the monetary/reward system . . I had way too much bomb stuff compared to how many bombs I used.
    I'd like to figure out a good system that doesn't become redundant half way thru the game.

If I think of more I'll add them =)
    I'm not sure if mods will consider this a repeated thread since above there's a few feedback threads already. ?

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Thats cuz altair was the first we didn't experience anyone else. And i don't think a lot of ppl liked the a**hole Altair but when he became a honorable and modest assassin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because a character is first it does not make people like him/her more. I personally liked Ezio more because he felt more alive, but a lot of people liked Altair more than Ezio for perfectly justifiable reasons- not just because he "was first." I'd like the next assassin to be a master assassin so I can use the recruit system that I've grown quite fond of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like the next one to be a MA too - know his stuff. I like a strong, determined & experienced character (which is probly why Desmond leaves me Cold).

I do tend to think that people prefer the first character they're introduced to tho & get familiar with. I see this in alot of games. That usually becomes their standard for the game. Not always though, for sure. There are always exceptions & variations.

I never played AC1 to know Altair but I'm sure like you, I'd choose Ezio over him also.

The recruiting is a huge part of my love for AC. When I'm nearing the end of my recruitment & leveling, I always feel sad in a way that it's ending.
    (I was reading about double posts and think I do this sometimes when I read one post at a time & reply one at a time & I'm trying not to, but my posts are so long, I think they should be separate. Sorry.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Just because a character is first it does not make people like him/her more. I personally liked Ezio more because he felt more alive, but a lot of people liked Altair more than Ezio for perfectly justifiable reasons- not just because he "was first." I'd like the next assassin to be a master assassin so I can use the recruit system that I've grown quite fond of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't mean it like that, but rather at that time there was noone else to like more.

Ohh and they should have the option to take the hood off

I have to admit...o loved yours suggestions! Didnt thought of somethings like Janissaries and Taunt (that i didnt notice that disapeared, since i didnt use sometimes...but thats why when i tried couldnt find what works to taunt the enemy!).

Must say, the piramid is a great idea. But i have some ideas too. The piramid is really a mistery and could fit very well in the world of Assassins Creed!