you guys remember that USSR BI-1 pilot career mission in the original IL-2? I posted a message earlier seeking help from anyone that has passed that level with flying colours. Well I actually conquered that campaign myself. I'm very proud of myself becuz it took me 54 tries before getting it right.

Now i'm off to do the second level. This is a lot harder. I'm really stuck now. I have to follow the rules accordingly. When I'm ready to land the plane, I can't seem to pick up speed by diving because I don't have enough altitude to do that.

Can anyone offer some advice please?

landing is very simple if u no how to do it, be at least 250 - 190 speed just before u hit the runway and aproach the runway with the throttel on 70%, when u are fairly close set speed to 20%, then wen u are about to land set speed to 0%, u can judge the altitude u should be on by seeing the distance from u to the runway, i actuly land without flaps, only wen i seriously need them, i only use my speed and it works fine for me, the flaps cause to much of a hassle i reckon, but other ppl use them for more realism.

Originally posted by growingcorn:
    you guys remember that USSR BI-1 pilot career mission in the original IL-2? I posted a message earlier seeking help from anyone that has passed that level with flying colours. Well I actually conquered that campaign myself. I'm very proud of myself becuz it took me 54 tries before getting it right.

Now i'm off to do the second level. This is a lot harder. I'm really stuck now. I have to follow the rules accordingly. When I'm ready to land the plane, I can't seem to pick up speed by diving because I don't have enough altitude to do that.

Can anyone offer some advice please?
    Hey, i've been looking for that campaighn for some time now, where i can get it?

FPSOLKOR.. that campaign can be found in IL-2 Sturmovik (the prequel to FB). It's the USSR Bi-1 campaign.

Yeah, if you have both games, just open up the mission file in IL-2 (with patches or the latest version!!!) and transfer/copy the BI-1 campaign over to FB mission/campaign folder.

I'm still on my second mission. I could not move up to the next level, no matter what I did. I did everything by the book, blast off, climb, turn left, turn left again, climb skyward until the fuel runs out. Glide back and land on the runway. Still not advancing... Had to do this over and over at least ten times with no crash or off-airport landing.

Yes, I got the message "Primary Mission Completed" midway through the mission but no advance after landing safely.

Anyone know why?

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    That campaign came with one of the patches, not the original game. IIRC it was patch 1.04... find that patch (or one of the later comprehensive patches, 1.1a is still on 3DGamers IL2Sturmovik download page) download and extract to somewhere other than your current game folder then drag the campaign into any version of the game IL2Sturmovik 1.04 or later EXCEPT Pacific Fighters standalone

really? so i can download any campaign from the internet and upload into FB to play that campaign?

really? so i can download any campaign from the internet and upload into FB to play that campaign?
    Yup! You can load old missions and campaign from Il-2 (and the Internet) and transfer them to FB or later versions. Just go to wherever you put your ubisoft files. Find the mission file in Il-2 and open it up, you will find both single and campaign missions there, copy-and-paste whatever you like onto your Il-2 FB file (be sure it's in the same place as the old one, in mission file).

For more free campaign, go to Mission Builder Forum, click on List of campaign (the fourth one on the list)... There you will find numerous links to various campaign.

Be sure to check if the campaign will work with the version you have.

Enjoy (and good luck on BI-1 missions)!

Thanks a bunch Ciscobird. I still can't believe how active this forum is. It's amazing. I can see myself playing this game for a very very long time.

I can see myself playing this game for a very very long time.
    <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Ditto!</span>