naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    hello everyone

By now most know that there are going to be bombs is AC:R

I was wondering what you guys thought about about using explosive weapons in an Assassin's Creed game and if you think that it is realistically done.

In the E3 game play demo Ezio uses a bomb to kill 2 guard. When aiming the bomb you can see the area of effect that the bomb will have. The 2 guards fit into the effective area and were instantly kill and sent flying.

Wouldn't an explosion strong enough to kill 2 people injure or possibly kill the nearby citizens?

When it comes to realism in a video game, I don't need something absolutely realistic(or else it wouldn't be fun). But I was kinda against the idea of bombs from the beginning and this sorta bothered me.

Though I do thing that Ubisoft has handled the more modern weapons(hidden gun) well and I do think that they can pull the bomb thing off.

Though/feelings/suggestions/comments?

They wont be totally realistic like many things but they defiantly wont be unrealistic,ll the bombs will do effect whoever it is you aim it at.

If you throw it in the way of civillians it will kill of gas them out or whatever.

Aim them at guards and they will blow them away.

Pretty simple really.

Originally posted by AssassinBlaze:
    They wont be totally realistic like many things but they defiantly wont be unrealistic,ll the bombs will do effect whoever it is you aim it at.

If you throw it in the way of civillians it will kill of gas them out or whatever.

Aim them at guards and they will blow them away.

Pretty simple really.
    you're right

but when bombs were revealed to be in the game i was really hoping that Ezio wouldn't be walking around with grenades

Smoke I like, and I do think that I will enjoy that explosives too

What types of bombs do you think there will be?
    I think these will be included;
    1)Smoke bombs (As seen in the demo)

2)Explosives (Also seen in the demo)

3)I think there will be one for running away from guards to make them slip whilst you evade.

4)I think there will be some kind of bomb to distract guards also.

Anyone any thoughts?

Originally posted by naran6142:
    hello everyone

I was wondering what you guys thought about about using explosive weapons in an Assassin's Creed game and if you think that it is realistically done.

In the E3 game play demo Ezio uses a bomb to kill 2 guard. When aiming the bomb you can see the area of effect that the bomb will have. The 2 guards fit into the effective area and were instantly kill and sent flying.

Wouldn't an explosion strong enough to kill 2 people injure or possibly kill the nearby citizens?

When it comes to realism in a video game, I don't need something absolutely realistic(or else it wouldn't be fun). But I was kinda against the idea of bombs from the beginning and this sorta bothered me.

Though I do thing that Ubisoft has handled the more modern weapons(hidden gun) well and I do think that they can pull the bomb thing off.

leap of faith is not realistic too but i'm sure you use it or you climb down from view point every time?

i don't thing you will be forced to use bombs in ac:r combat so just don't use it if you don't like the idea

Originally posted by sassinscreed:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
    hello everyone

leap of faith is not realistic too but i'm sure you use it or you climb down from view point every time?

i don't thing you will be forced to use bombs in ac:r combat so just don't use it if you don't like the idea </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're right, but i did mention that a completely realistic game wouldn't be fun, so i do enjoy the leap of faith and other things

but the point was to ask want everyone thought of how realistic what the bombs do is and how they effect your surroundings

i no i will have the right 2 choose whether or not to use them
    it is what the assassins fight 4 after all

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    I like the idea of going around the world and finding things to create useful items. They are taking the concept from RDR and using it to make cool items which I thought was a great idea when they had that little AC poll about what people wanted and didn't want to see. I'm curious to see how it works though since you can create many different types of bombs to fit your game-play style.

iN3krO's Avatar Banned
    I think bombs will ruin the game... i won't use any unless i'm forced in any mission...

Bombs are cool, but I dont want to search chests like in AC:B and use these items to make bombs. Just the bombs themself.

^ And its very likely there will be missions you are forced to use bombs, just like you had to do with the recruits or the pistol

xx-pyro's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
    I like the idea of going around the world and finding things to create useful items. They are taking the concept from RDR and using it to make cool items which I thought was a great idea when they had that little AC poll about what people wanted and didn't want to see. I'm curious to see how it works though since you can create many different types of bombs to fit your game-play style.
    A lot of RPG's use that crafting system, RDR by no means invented that crafting system concept.

As for bombs, the only thing I'm skeptical of is 300 different types. Obviously that means they will be upgradeable, because I couldn't think of 300 different types of bombs, but I think they add a nice amount of choice to distract guards other then the usual factions, smoke bombs, and the very limited scope of options we have to get guards away from their posts.