well, even 15km distance from launch , at 5000m , to target is to much for the PFm 4.01 Ohkas !

the wil not reach the target. the report "Return to base" (arcade on) , what is meaning they are on 25% fuel status, and do not attakc.

very weird
    so far i know it was made to get some distance to the targets - ~30km.................

Yes, the Ohka has some problems in the game, but I think we can be glad at least to have it.

Quote from an encyclopedic (and not always 100% correct) book "Aircraft 1939-45, Japanese Fighters and Bombers, part 1" by J. Schmid:

"Ohka was to be delivered to a range of 20 - 35 km from the target, partly embedded into a two-engine bomber's bomb bay, and dropped at an altitude of 6000 to 8500 m at a speed of 280 to 325 kph. The Ohka pilot continued at a speed higher than 370 kph in an about 5 degree descent to the vicinity of the target, which he attacked in a 50 degree dive at 860 to 950 kph using all three rocket engines."

Utchoud

Yeah its bugged good, but thats one thing thats right. When you think about it, it wouldn't be able to hold much fuel its so small and that rocket engine guzzles gas like a demon. Probably why most of the Bettys that dropped it were lost too, they got to close to the carriers and were eaten alive by fighters.

I would venture to say 3/4 of the Bettys that dropped Ohkas never came back.

According to Japanese sources the maximum range were:
    MXY7-11 = 36 km
    MXY7-22 = 130 km

Yes, I have the same numbers. I didn't post them because I don't know what they mean - the range depends on the altitude of the launch.