Sinars's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm a tad confused about this subject. Referring to the Hitman series, the gameplay is focused on stealth, not letting anyone aware of the fact that you killed someone and silently leaving without being noticed. However, from all the footage and trailers of Assassin's Creed, it seems that Altair simply runs up and kills his target in plain view of everyone, then free runs away. If this is a stealth game, wouldn't the focus on gameplay be to kill your target silently while no one is around, then innocently leaving without anyone being any the wiser? Or at the moment am I to believe that Assassin's Creed is meant to be played "hurriedly", just killing your target when you first catch sight of him then parkour-ing your way out of there?

the thing about the assassins man is that unlike in hitman where you want no one to know you killed that person the assassins on the other hand wanted everyone to know that they killed that person so as to send a message that there not ones to be messed with and if you don't do things to there liking your gonna get a blade to the throat. And if you look at the video where they play the game on the 360 it shows that he had to use the "social stealth" feature to sneak up behind the target then murder him in front of everyone and you sure as hell know that later on in the game its not going to get that easy to sneak up to the target its most likely going to take more time and patience to find the right opening to take the target out

FableB's Avatar Senior Member
    I think I remember something about Jade clearly saying that AC is not a stealth game...

the thing about the assassins man is that unlike in hitman where you want no one to know you killed that person the assassins on the other hand wanted everyone to know that they killed that person so as to send a message that there not ones to be messed with and if you don't do things to there liking your gonna get a blade to the throat. And if you look at the video where they play the game on the 360 it shows that he had to use the "social stealth" feature to sneak up behind the target then murder him in front of everyone and you sure as hell know that later on in the game its not going to get that easy to sneak up to the target its most likely going to take more time and patience to find the right opening to take the target out

Techincally it isn't a stealth game

basically everything Kabura said is true

You're going to be "sneaking" around using social stealth and only moments before you assassinate the target should they notice you as an assassin i say "notice you as an assassin" instead of "see you" because they're going to see you plenty of people will see you but they shouldn't take any note that you're anyone else but a faceless person in the crowd. right before you assassinate that target(and i mean seconds before) & after assassination should they take note of you and then you get out of there

not enough details to explain the getting out part we know you gotta run but to where? and how? nobody answer this question i'll slap myself if you do because really just watching the demo/the trailer doesn't explain the process of getting away at all

When Jade said it's not a "stealth" game, she meant you weren't goign to be spending all your time crouching in a shadow, Sam Fisher style, but you do have to know how to blend into a crowd

Sinars's Avatar Junior Member
    Hmm, that makes it a little more clearer. Killing the target in plain sight of everyone is gonna be something I'll need to get used to - I've got "Silent Assassin" rating on professional mode in Hitman Blood Money on all the levels - so killing the target in plain view of everyone and being rewarded in the game for it is going to be "different".

You're not going to have a choice of the target not being infront of people chances are he'll always be infront of people in every scenario unless of course they change that and make it to where he's not going to be infront of people but you never know

I know they will use social stealth, blending in the crowd and not make the crowd angry or mad
    Also I dout you'll have to kill the target as soon as you see them. from my understanding is that you can watch him and learn there day to day patterns to find an oppertune time to kill them. maybe a time when the gaurds are not around.... instead of a public torture like in the vid.

Originally posted by Agent_Alpha:
    When Jade said it's not a "stealth" game, she meant you weren't goign to be spending all your time crouching in a shadow, Sam Fisher style, but you do have to know how to blend into a crowd
    Exactly... ^^^^^

Considering the style game I'd assume you can kill with stealth or guns blazing (rather swords swinging). But from what I recall they also said that if you go in all gun ho that you'd have to flee because you won't be able to single handedly take out the army/soldiers/guards. There in presenting a level of realism to the game...

But I'd say that some kills (hits, targets, assassinations) will be set up so that stealth is the best and/or only option for getting the quest/objective completed. This game should be set up so that in some circumstances, or rather some assassinations, that stealth and trickery are the keys to a successful kill. Some hits will probably be in places where you do have to blend in, get close, kill, battle, and flee. While others will be setup so that you can skillfully sneak in, use some sort of trickery to distract guards (etc) and get it done Sam Fisher style otherwise the guards will spot you, the mark will be protected/run, and you'll have to go out and find him FBI style... idk, that's what my take on creating the game would be, and I'd think that with the blend of stealth and action being emphasized into the game that this would be the best way to go about doing it so that players, although they might not like it, are forced to play the game to it's fullest and enjoy all the different aspects it has to offer...