Took the corporate plane on a day trip today and when we arrived at the airport for the return trip this was waiting for us right across from our ride home.

The one day I leave my camera behind and this plops right in my lap.

Fortunetely, one of our pilots had his camera with him and shot a whole slew of photos and was more than happy to burn me copies. (You rock, Jim! )

The pilot was retired military and had purchased the plane without a tail. Spent years and gobs of money to make it right. He was on his way to an air show in Indiana and happened to make a pitstop in the tiny hamlet of Glasgow, KY. Fate was kind to me today...

hmmm...scaled originals down to 800x600 not 400x300. Odd.

Targ's Avatar Senior Member
    Cool beans

Good way to spend "some" money.

Nice.

Very Lucky catch, Even a Blind Hog can find and acorn every now and then.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow thats a rare catch! Most of the Yak's on the airshow circuit are Yak-9U or Yak-3...but they are relatively new builds. Thats an earlier Yak-9 with the square radiator intake and everything!

Awesome catch Crash!

Puuurrrttyyy pictures too!

yes this plane is gona be here at indianapolis airshow, i feel lucky, i have never seen a russian ww2 fighter close to, i will go tomorrow with my camera, i will post pictures if i can, but no promises, it is expected storms saturday and sunday... sad..... it makes me angry! but ho well, i will go there any ways, but may be show will be cancelled who knows

Howdy! I love YAK -9!!!!

SaQSoN's Avatar Senior Member
    This is not Yak-9. This is so called Yak-3M - an early 90-s replica built in Russia and powered with allison engine. There were several built and all flying in-line engine Yaks, you can see at the shows - are of this type.

One of Oleg's eployees took part in it's design, BTW.