ive found out that the ai can make suicide attacks/kamikaze on ships and land targets but what about planes? did the japanese use suicide attacks against bombers hitorical?

and lastly is there anyway to do so u plane does not blow when holding on a carrier thats flown into???

hope u understand my english

i know this post was closed below cos of a stupid word.. im sorry if i hurt someone it wasnt my intention but id relly like a answer

Ask Billfish for specifics, but as far as I know, they didn't have designated suicide planes, but they had special kill markings when they rammed planes and caused them to crash. It was sort of like a B-24 with a red (?) plane over it.

You need this book:

Kamikaze
    by Axell, A. & Kase, H.

It is available in Finnish, too. From Akateeminen kirjakauppa and others for 29,90 Euros, I think.
    It has good information on the Japanese special attack units.

can u make the ai fly into enemy bombers???

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    try putting the plane of you choice with a start and end waypoint target the bomberand then no ammo maybe that will work
    im not sure i havent tryed yet but i will in a little bit i'll tell ya what happens

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    i tried but i couldnt make it happen sorry

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    The Japanese from New Guinea on were said to have started using "Taiatari" attacks or "Body Crashing" against bombers...Though claimed in New Guinea my guess is it was rare if ever deliberate....same till the home Islands were attacked.......Once over the home Islands however all bets were off. In fact once Lt. Minoru Shirota rammed a B29 and it was captured on film by a reporter, a whole rash of them began....Some planes even marked with numerous kills from ramming the pilot surviving.

Shinten Seiku-Tai or Shuddering Sky units were actually very prevalent also sometimes listed as "special attack units"......In all frankness the B29's were too tough for the average guns on a Japanese plane. Compounding that was the altitude they could fly at it difficult if not impossible for some Japanese planes to reach.....Solution?....Take out the weight of guns and ammo, get to altitude, dive in and ram.

Units that most see Ki-61 painted as being the 244th, 105th and many others were either entirely or partly Taiatari units.

Nimits's Avatar Senior Member
    Economically, it wasn't a bad deal, either. Even if the pilot didn't survive, exchanging a single engine, single man fighter for a the most expensive mass produced multi-engine bomber of the time with its ten man crew.

it was also done by Russian pilots on the eastern front in what were called "taran attacks"
    more info:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramming

AI won't do it but YOU can!

when i sometimes play lan with a freind we sometimes hit each other when we fly towards each other sometimes we both go down with only one wing sometimes we blow up in mid air
    but it happened that we flew into each other but only one of us lost the wing
    the other one just flow on...mybe th japanese should make their planes extra strong and then fly into the bomber without breaking their own plane