Hi all,

this one is for all the guys who help me in this forum. Like i promise in my post related the the subjet "MY FIRST AI KILL", u can visit the website below, and see the ntrks i saved. I 'm waiting for CRITICS, OPINIONS, TIPS, couse i know i'm making a lot of mistakes, and i'm hopimg u guys can help.

http://hosted.filefront.com/AsasPortuga1/

cy a

asas

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice job ))

A few things to help you...

Try to 'lead' (said 'leed' not 'led') the enemy plane more when you shoot. You need to be shooting in front of the enemy so that your bullets and him meet in the sky. This is called 'deflection shooting' by real pilots. You dont aim exactly at the enemy, you aim in front of him, because your bullets take a little time to reach him, so you need to guess the 'angle' needed for the bullets to hit him.

And dont forget you have WEP Boost in many planes like the Spitfire. This gives you a boost in speed for a while, but once you see 'engine overheat' dont carry this on for more than 2-3 minutes or your engine will be damaged.

In the late models of BF109 they have MW50 WEP boost which you can only switch on under 100% throttle, but once it is on you can then throttle up to 110%. If you switch it on over 100% you will damage the engine.

Always try and be above your enemy. Try and dive down towards him, shoot and climb back up using your speed gained in the dive. This is called a boom and zoom atack, and its very hard for the enemy to shoot back.

Always try and stay as fast as possible.

I will try and post a couple of tracks to show you some things tomorrow if I have time

Salute#!

Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
    Nice job ))

A few things to help you...

Try to 'lead' (said 'leed' not 'led') the enemy plane more when you shoot. You need to be shooting in front of the enemy so that your bullets and him meet in the sky. This is called 'deflection shooting' by real pilots. You dont aim exactly at the enemy, you aim in front of him, because your bullets take a little time to reach him, so you need to guess the 'angle' needed for the bullets to hit him.

And dont forget you have WEP Boost in many planes like the Spitfire. This gives you a boost in speed for a while, but once you see 'engine overheat' dont carry this on for more than 2-3 minutes or your engine will be damaged. !
    hi Xiolablu3,

tanks for the tips. But, if u don´t mind i have 2 Q.

1-when u say "Lead", u mean that i shoundn't turn so much in a pursuit, and should try to persuit more straigth a head?

2- the boost turns were? key W? i try, and it doens't work.

cy a

asas

i think this is what he meant about lead. here is a good guide written to help people understand the concept of deflection shooting. what you are talking about is lead, pure and lag pursuit.

gunnery guide

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Lead means placing your nose and consequently your guns ahead of the target. If the target is turning and you are turning then if you place the crosshair on the target you will miss because in the time it takes for the bullet to travel he will have moved.

So aim ahead of the target plane to hit. That'd be what Xiola is talking about. This is also known as "deflection shooting" and its a bit of science and a bit of an art when it comes to WWII air combat. Most people can do the basic calculations well...some people are truly gifted.

Not all 109s have MW50 boost and its best to read some guides about how to engage that properly without roasting the engine.

Listen to this man.

hi guys

thanks for all your tips and explanations. Most helpfull.

Xiolablu3, as allways, your replys rules .

Of couse, guys, i mean no disrespect towards to the helpfull posts i've been get.

Joejoemonkey, that link u give me, Gunnery Guide, is .

SeaFire and VWiceFire, u guys, fly a SpitFire, can u give me some tips about that plane???? specificly the SpitFire IX 25 Lb(?).

cheers

asas

It's just a personal opinion, but i don't think that the spit 25lb is ideal to start with, since it does too many things to well, and it will be easy to get into bad habits, which when you change planes will hit you hard.

my 2 cents,

fruitbat

well, i don´t discuss that, but u gotta admit that the plane is really fun to fly whith, even to a noob, like my self.

So, what kind of plane do u sugest? La-7? BF-109 series? or maybe curtiss P40-E? i'm not an expert as u can imagine, i'm just guessing here. this r all planes that i allready tryed.

tell me what u think.

cheers asas

Oh, i don't disagree with you, it is a very fun plane to fly, thers no question about that.

When i first started the La7 was the uber plane (before the spit25 was released), and that was the one i learnt to fly, doing much the same as what you are doing, when i first started.

But because these planes are so good, they don't encourage you to learn things like energy management as well as other planes, because you don't need to. Unfortunatly, this is not the case for 95% of the planes.

I personally would recommend earlier war planes for several reasons. For a start seperation, both vertical and horrizontal is much closer earlier in the war, due to lower speeds, and this helps with things like SA. Lower speeds also gives you more time to think. As you learn the lessons, then you can apply them with faster better planes.

I would personally recommend say, the spit mkvb, or bf109f4, flown against other 1941 or earlier planes, and then slowly move up through the years untill you get to the late war hotrods.

Again though, this is just my opinion, and others will differ.

cheers fruitbat

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►