im flying in zekes vs wildcat, im at about 12k feet in a f4u-1d corsair, running from a N1K2, i dodge most of his bullets, but he puts a few holes on the instrument panel, so i dive down and run back to carriers, all of a sudden, my prop pitch, and throttle is stuck..

like i move the levers and everything and they dont change, then i try cutting th eengine, but then plane wouldn't start back up? whats that about?

i know it can't be a part of the damage model, cause there is no notice saying that your thorttle cables or prop pitch cables have been damaged

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    It is most definitely part of the damage model, however there are no game messages for getting your throttle or prop pitch controls shot out.

There are a few kinds of this type of engine damage. One where your prop pitch control is damaged and you can throttle back to control revs. One where your throttle gets shot and you can control revs by adjusting prop pitch. The nastiest one is where both get shot out at the same time. then, it's time to get home QUICK!

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Surprised you've never had that happen before. It happens to me a fair bit...I especially notice it on a plane like a A-20 that gets a fair bit of ground fire and you'll notice that, although both engines are running despite the damage, only one of them actually responds to any sort of input.

Most certainly part of the damage model. Sadly I don't think its across the entire aircraft spectrum although anything thats newer seems to run into this sort of thing. Anything from AEP and onwards.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    A few holes in the instrument panel? Nahhh, got nothing to do with it!

Originally posted by Avont29:
    im flying in zekes vs wildcat, im at about 12k feet in a f4u-1d corsair, running from a N1K2, i dodge most of his bullets, but he puts a few holes on the instrument panel, so i dive down and run back to carriers, all of a sudden, my prop pitch, and throttle is stuck..

like i move the levers and everything and they dont change, then i try cutting th eengine, but then plane wouldn't start back up? whats that about?

i know it can't be a part of the damage model, cause there is no notice saying that your thorttle cables or prop pitch cables have been damaged
    Yep it happens. Not too often but it happens.

Originally posted by Avont29:
    If you say so...

The damage is caused by engine hits. You also don't get messages when you are loosing coolant or oil - does that mean you never had this kind of damage, either?

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    maybe he never has, give him a break!....Lots of folks just get head shot...Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Same thing happened to me in a Shiden while online a few weeks ago. Made for an exciting landing, as the only setting the engine would run at was flat out.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Nope.. no bug. A feature.

I have lost throttle and/or pitch control from time to time.

Strange but this very same thing happened to me on Zeke's last night except I was in an N1K2 and had just shot up a Corsair in a head on pass. After our pass I had no throttle or pitch control.

Once I got back to the field I had to cut the engine and dead stick the landing.