While playing flight sims, the only thing I hate more than getting shot down is waiting through the load for another new mission, especially if there are some cool dogfights still going on that I want to get into... but can't on IL-2 or Pacific Fighters.
    I enjoy jumping cockpits in LoMAC, sometimes to get another perspective, sometimes just to keep the fight going.
    Is anyone considering making this an option on Pacific Fighters?

While playing flight sims, the only thing I hate more than getting shot down is waiting through the load for another new mission, especially if there are some cool dogfights still going on that I want to get into... but can't on IL-2 or Pacific Fighters.
    I enjoy jumping cockpits in LoMAC, sometimes to get another perspective, sometimes just to keep the fight going.
    Is anyone considering making this an option on Pacific Fighters?

Janes WW2 Fighters had that also. Always felt like I was cheating though when I swapped swapped cockpits....

Athosd's Avatar Senior Member
    I haven't seen any indication that such a 'jump' feature will be included in the IL2 series.

Purists would object for sure, however I wouldn't mind seeing it as an option for single play.

Cheers

Athos

Jeez, doesn't ANYONE read the docs anymore? Jump to next cockpit is user defined, 1-8 pits. Now of course you can't fly the thing, but you can look out the window <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
    Jeez, doesn't ANYONE read the docs anymore? Jump to next cockpit is user defined, 1-8 pits. Now of course you can't fly the thing, but you can look out the window &lt;ggg.&gt; All the best, LongHorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Longhorn, he means a cockpit in another plane after you've been shot down in your first ride...

Yea it's called a la "Quake 3".

Pretty cool i would say. just imagine viewing the track in every cockpit after match. ofcourse during battles this should be locked.

Hey Tully, I guess my funny button doesn't work in the middle of the night. I knew what the mate was asking, I was being a little sarcastic. While I tend to fly full real I wouldn't mind the "Next Cockpit" jump, or the "Jump to Next Encounter" either for that matter. Both were one of the slickest features of EAW and not outlandish requests in PF I believe. All the best, LongHorn

This would be a great addition to PF, and the user can always disable it if they don't like it, or simply not use it.

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Bah, that's not unrealistic. In real life, I have jumped from my cockpit to another plane hundreds of times. It's not difficult after the 53th time, when you realize you're an immortal demigod.

Ooops, never mind, I forgot most of you are simple earthly humans...