I'm just waiting for Ubi to annouce a Wii version... oh, c'mon, you know it COULD happen... =] That's the only way I'll get to play it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Originally posted by lpcrispo:
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/p-1.html

if only I could find a Wii... I already have the 360...
    YESSS.. finally got mine viva toysrus.ca :P
    now the waiting game... cause, it still need to be shipped

Atleast you got ahold of one (eventually) now you can have fun playing zelda ^_^_^ which by the way is soooo fun

I have no idea. They are able to excatly play it the same even when it comes to two systems at once...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

katz_bg's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by swift06:
    And the 360 version is said to have better AI
    Actually it's the other way around. I believe in an interview Jade said that this advanced AI wouldn't have been possible without the PS3. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Dahaka chase videos - http://tinyurl.com/luons

I think one of the reasons some people wanted it to be a PS3 exclusive, is because, quite frankly, the PS3 isn't getting much love. It made people happy to see a game like AC, a game that would make getting a PS3 worth it. An anounced 360 version kind of shattered that dream. But, if you ask me, it makes sense.

Ubi's always been a company that shows love to all the systems. Prince of Persia was all three (and PC), Spinter Cell is all three. Why make AC an exclusive, when another system of comparable power is out? I can understand them not extending the love to the Wii (though I still hold out hope), the 360 anouncement was kind of an "about time." I'm not partial, I own neither, and won't be getting a PS3 for many years. I think it's silly to be calling for it to be a PS3 exclusive, just like I think it's stupid some were calling for it to be a 360 exclusive. What's it matter, it's not like it won't be a good game if it's on more than one platforms.

Fanboys...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Summed it up perfectly

Originally posted by Howler13:
    I think one of the reasons some people wanted it to be a PS3 exclusive, is because, quite frankly, the PS3 isn't getting much love. It made people happy to see a game like AC, a game that would make getting a PS3 worth it.
    I see what you mean, but its kind of flawed. If someone doesn't own either the PS3 or 360 and can't decide, why would they want a huge title to only come out on one system? Sure sony isn't getting much love in the form of titles, but if you already own a PS3 it doesn't matter much at all to you if AC were to be released exclusively, or for the 360 as well.

Ubi is a business, and has to make money. A huge title like this simply cannot miss out on a market as large as the 360 (currently, and at time of AC's release, is much larger than PS3's)

Also, IIRC, MS bought the exclusive for all future SC's.

Well, one thing I would like to say is:
    Rare are the companies that can go exclusive on one system with the next-gen consoles! R&D and production times are so expensive that in the bottom line, they need to maximise their benefits or at least reach profitability. All that issue was about a TIME exclusivity to PS3. You all went waco saying why, why, why! I believe there is nothing wrong with time exclusivity personnally and I own a 360/Wii. I would have waited too... (Well, technically! )

By the way, Prince of persia was exclusive 6 months for the Playstation. Nothing new under the sun!

I have to agree with aedmon430. The PS3 situation now is not helping them getting love from anyone. Games are port from a 360 version in most occassions. Graphs and AI, well the whole game is not pushed to the edge. Plus the fact that Sony's consoles always been a pain in the a$$ to work with. Nothing changed on this topic....!

Originally posted by JN006:
    Well, one thing I would like to say is:
    Rare are the companies that can go exclusive on one system with the next-gen consoles! R&D and production times are so expensive that in the bottom line, they need to maximise their benefits or at least reach profitability. All that issue was about a TIME exclusivity to PS3. You all went waco saying why, why, why! I believe there is nothing wrong with time exclusivity personnally and I own a 360/Wii. I would have waited too... (Well, technically! )

By the way, Prince of persia was exclusive 6 months for the Playstation. Nothing new under the sun!

I have to agree with aedmon430. The PS3 situation now is not helping them getting love from anyone. Games are port from a 360 version in most occassions. Graphs and AI, well the whole game is not pushed to the edge. Plus the fact that Sony's consoles always been a pain in the a$$ to work with. Nothing changed on this topic....!
    Yup, the time exclusivity is another thing. GTA SA was on PS2 for quite some time before coming to xbox, but as of my understanding the next one will launch simultaniously.

And like you said, it is easier (at least for now, and IMO, always will be) to write games for 360 and port to PS3. The problem for PS3 owners is they won't get games that push the system to the max unless its either exclusive or a 1st party title. But a developer like Ubi (amoung many others) can't spend the time and money developing these games solely for one system. A top name game like AC, SC, R6, GR, BiA can easily run up 10's of millions. With as small as the PS3 market is (as of now and a while longer) there is little money to be made for an exclusive title. The only way you will see that, is in the case of MS buying out Ubi (or other publishers) for rights.

Which leads to a whole nother can of worms, MS is not in the business of video games to make money, Sony is. Sony lost the console war the day MS announced it was entering. MS doesn't care about the xbox, they are looking much further into the future to a sole household PC/internet/TV/entertainment(games) "system". They will make the xbox as good as they can for the sole reason of building market share, experience, and development towards that goal.