<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RWetterholt:
    Hello all...

First off...everyone that has already posted about 3.04 being a flop and 3.04 not promising the added aircraft that are supposedly coming...shut the **** up. I want a Betty. I want a Ki-100. I want a TBF or a Kate bomber. I want all those airplanes that cruise along at 150 miles an hour and go down with a few well placed MG or cannon rounds. Come on people. Here is a little scenario:

We get the Betty. It is modeled correctly...like 99.9% of the aircraft in IL-2 right now. So we get the Betty and all these little bomber peons wring their hands in anitcipation and think...whoa baby apocalypse now...I've got my Betty! Only...when they get online and actually pit their Betty against anything with more than a peashooter for ordanance...they find it will catch fire way to easily, it will not be fast enough, the pieces do not stay glued on well enough. But oh the glory of being able to pilot a Betty to well...the bottom of Iron Bottom Sound. So then...after doing this who knows how many times...they will come back to their good old IL-2 Pacific Fighters forum and post things like "Oleg...Betty Flames to Easily" or "Oleg...Betty FM/DM are in Need of Repair!!"

Ok...so now that they have exhausted their patience with an airplane that is basically paper mache...they move on to bigger and better things that were released in an ADD-ON pack...such as a Ki-100 or some late war plane that had minimal or no effect on the war. They get this baby out and...again wring their hands in anticipation...and go out to do some killin'! Oh look...a squadron of Betties! A couple of 30mm cannon passes and all the Betties go smoking into the sea. This ripple effect:

A)makes more Betty drivers come to the IL-2 forum to complain about Betties being...well...matchsticks
    B)makes those same Betty pilots complain about the Ki-100 being too powerful (Oleg It's too Powerful).

The same scenario goes for all of you whiners asking for Kates and Avengers. They will be slow and plod along at their gracious 150 miles per hour and you will all whine that they don't perform correctly or they catch fire to easily and you will come back here whining for an FM tweak in the upcoming patch...along with 50 new aircraft you think should be incorporated.

Wanna solve these problems? Grab a Hellcat.

You see...no matter what you all will end up getting...you are all of the mindset that it just is not good enough. Personally...what more could we ask for from a sim? We have moved from the Russian front to the Pacific and now have a ton of aircraft to fly. Ones that do and don't go up in smoke...ones that actually made a difference...ones that actually had some charecter and some grit to them.

Bottom line...if I were Oleg...I would not respond to so many of your posts either. He so much as says there is no plan in the works for a flyable Kate or a flyable Betty (at the current moment) there are some of you out there that just jump down his throat. So just chill out! Chill out all of you. The stuff will be made for us to download when it is ready for us to download! Give the guy a break...he knows what we want and if he wants any more of our money...he will cater to us in some way shape or form...so you should all just take a huge chill pill. I mean...shoot...this customer support we have already received has been great. We have gotten 4 patches for this game alone so far...and we are still on 3.04. I think when we were running FB...we got up to 1.22? We've got some time. Do not kick all this to the curb yet. There is still a lot of good stuff to come.

We'll see what kind of spark this ignites...

Adios. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well let me clue you in on some facts that you seem to be missing before you want of on your fanboi crusade.

1)The betty was advertised as being in the game per the box.
    2)1C stated that the betty was done but there was not enough room on the CD for it.
    3)Now here we are two patches later and it has yet to materialize.

Considering all that I am not surprised that people are a little T'd off about it.

They have a right to be. So who are you to judge them for it? Answer...nobody.

Flame away if it will make you feel better

I like how some people automatically assume that no one wants to fly bombers. Personally, I enjoy the challenge and skill it requires to fly them.

One of the best addons I've ever purchased is Wings of Power for FS2004. In terms of historical accuracy and flight modeling they are unsurpassed. It's always fun to see the reactions of people who are trying to fly a fully loaded B-29 for the first, even in perfect weather. Just the ground handling alone is difficult to master, take off isn't too bad and landings are a real surprise. Throw in historical runways and weather and it becomes a real challenge.

On the flip side, I like a good high performance single engine plane as well. I'm currently enjoying the P-51 just released by the same developers. It has to be the best P-51 model on the market and a joy to fly.

I know it may be difficult for the cyber fighter jocks to understand, but not everyone is interested in playing shoot-em-up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeminoleX:
    RWetterholt you seem to forget who works for whom.

When we fork over the coin we purchase the right to gripe.

Now on the day they pay us to fly..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What this man says. Agreed.

I ain't much of a G4Ms fan, but I can understand the people who says they want to fly it. After all, it has that big gun in tail..

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    i was gonna make a skin, with the fusealarge like a cigar, havent figured out what todo the wings and engines as

F19_Olli72's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
    i was gonna make a skin, with the fusealarge like a cigar, havent figured out what todo the wings and engines as <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monica Lewinsky? oh well....fits the bill (NO pun intended)

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recon_609IAP:
    why you gripe for $40 on a great sim like this?

You've been given something so good that you are spoiled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have not been given any thing. i was sold something.

pretty amazing thread- some ******* starts it who can't read/and or doesn't bother to read what he bought. Never have seen this *** in HL, but maybe I am just not there at the right times.

The fact is that the Betty was listed as as one of the 'over sixty flyable planes' on the PF packaging. It was not flyable and the readme said that there were flyable planes omitted because the cds wouldn't permit. Okay, so where is the Betty?

Well, the flyable Betty only existed in the dreams of UBI marketing- same thing happened with the B-25 when AEP came out as I recall- listed on box as flyable, nowhere to be found, etc.

You *** UBI *** kissers must be trust fund brats who don't care that you are serial liar victims, most of the rest do.

@ Adler

"The fact is that the Betty was listed as as one of the 'over sixty flyable planes' on the PF packaging."

Where did you buy your copy? Mine states "Over 40 flyables"
    I want the same copy you have. I bet amongst "Over 60 flyables" you have the torp planes and the Betty dontcha? And then some!!
    Quit holdin out on us and share the wealth Man!!

Hey 1-C: PIMP OUR TORP PLANES!! "MOP 'EM UP!!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GonzoX:

1)The betty was advertised as being in the game per the box.
    2)1C stated that the betty was done but there was not enough room on the CD for it.
    3)Now here we are two patches later and it has yet to materialize.

Considering all that I am not surprised that people are a little T'd off about it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on.

Page 6 of 6 ◄◄  First ... 456